I had my first crash yesterday

Reaction score
I had my first crash last night.
It hit a tree (about 15 feet up) and fell into about 2 feet of snow. It is recovered, I saw it hit and fall, it was only about 30 ft or so from me.
After it hit the snow, I shut the motors off and grabbed it took it inside and wiped all the snow off, took the battery out, and dried it off. No snow got on the camera, some got on the side of the battery. It was wet snow.
I'm positive that nothing got wrecked on it (other than props).
So, the question I have now is, what (and how) do I need to check on it to make sure it runs smooth?

Unfortunately, put her back in the air with the same battery. But close by!

Unfortunately, put her back in the air with the same battery. But close by!
Im not worried about putting it back in the air. I'm just wondering if there is something/anything I need to specifically look foron the body of the drone before I send it back up. I'm gonna put new props on (luckily I have a spare pair with me). I now need to find a a store that sells a prop levelling rod so I can check these props

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Does it boot up with that battery? The reason I ask is, I landed mine in a puddle (couldn't tell it was there) and the prop wash blew water all over it..including the camera. I've had 0 issues since.

Does it boot up with that battery? The reason I ask is, I landed mine in a puddle (couldn't tell it was there) and the prop wash blew water all over it..including the camera. I've had 0 issues since.
Oh. I see now. I haven't tried booting it up since then. My plan was to ask the forum today, and then check it after work today

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good plan. Let us know. I'd be interested to know if she's ok.

I dunno if I will be able tonight after work. It's been pretty windy today and I don't think the wind is going to let up anytime soon
Good plan. Let us know. I'd be interested to know if she's ok.

I dunno if I will be able tonight after work. It's been pretty windy today and I don't think the wind is going to let up anytime soon

Yeah, it's pretty gusty here as well. Grounds me for the day :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.