I had a fly away!

Reaction score
Yesterday my DJI Phantom 2 Vision + did a fly away on me after I ran a re-calibration with the PT2 software, and firmware ver 3.15 update. Has anyone experienced this with their drone? I was test flying it after the software prompted me to re-calibrate because of a motor start fault. So I did what it prompted me to do, and after I went to test fly it, and the controls were not functioning properly, when I took my hands off the controls it was drifting forward and to the left. it was about to hit a building, so I gave it some altitude to avoid a collision, and after that I lost all control of the aircraft, and it flew off, and didn't return to its home position, even though I set the compass, and all the LED's indicated a GPS lock. Further more, when I looked at the DJI Vision app on my phone, the Find my Phantom feature shows that the GPS position is at the home point where it took off from, but it didn't return to that point, so I can't even track down it's actual position. I just upgraded the camera to a GoPro Hero Black addition, and the Zenmuse H4-3D gimbal. So in total my loss is $2,500.00. I called their US Tech support line, waited on the phone for 45 mins, and when I finally got a "Tech" on the line, he couldn't answer any of my questions, and sent me an email questionnaire to fill out, which I did, but no one has gotten back to me. So far I am very disappointed with this companies customer service. Has anyone else experienced this happening to them?

Welcome to the forum Jeffrey.

You are not going to like this answer... YES. Lots of folks have had similar experiences. I and probably you, wish you had stopped by the forum sooner. Someone may have suggested you put a tracker on your bird. Some folks put their phone number on the Phantom. You might want to put an add on Craigslist and contact local authorities.
We've got a lot of members, how about you share your general location?

The P2V+ is becoming famous for falling out of the sky, and flying away.
Really sorry it happened to you too.

Doubt you will like what you find here, but this is a great way to find things in our forum.
It's Google Custom Search, enter your text in the middle of the page, not at the top.

https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

Good luck

Oh yea, you posted in the wrong forum, like your day wasn't bad enough... you may want to repost, one forum over in the "PLUS" department. ;) One of the mods will delete this thread for you, if you ask nicely.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20