I guess today was my turn, P4P falls out of the sky

It is very possible, "since it just happened to me", if you had a wind gust that allowed the drone to descend , once it starts descending fast enough, the drone starts falling through it's own column of air and the blades stall because the air stops going over the blades to create lift. The more power you give, the faster it drops. This happens with copters (which I should have remembered). Anyway, the only way to stop this is give forward stick and "get out" on the column of air.
Hope this helps,
Doc Pete

DJI tweaked the rotor geometry, and VRS hasn't been an issue since the P2.

DJI tweaked the rotor geometry, and VRS hasn't been an issue since the P2.
Well, I guess my p3 may not be up to date, since it did happen to me. And, not to argue, but if you drop too fast vertically, the blades will stall, unless you more out of the column of air. In addition, we "all have heard of the many stories of full size aircraft" (planes), falling a thousand feet or more due to a wind shear.
Since I'm new, maybe you could explain how rotor geometry will not allow a stall condition, regardless of wind shears.
Thanks,
Newbie Pete

Well, I guess my p3 may not be up to date, since it did happen to me. And, not to argue, but if you drop too fast vertically, the blades will stall, unless you more out of the column of air. In addition, we "all have heard of the many stories of full size aircraft" (planes), falling a thousand feet or more due to a wind shear.
Since I'm new, maybe you could explain how rotor geometry will not allow a stall condition, regardless of wind shears.
Thanks,
Newbie Pete

They angled the motors outwards, so that less of the disturbed air is directly below the aircraft, and limited the descent rate to 3 m/s. Yours is the first report I can recall of VRS with a P3 or later.

Thanks for the info. I now understand a lot better.AND............it looks like I don't have a ph3. There is absolutely no tilt in the rotors. Well, at least I proved why they added the tilt!!!!!!
Thanks a bunch,
Pete
ps................could I make up bushings to tilt the rotors outward?????????

Thanks for the info. I now understand a lot better.AND............it looks like I don't have a ph3. There is absolutely no tilt in the rotors. Well, at least I proved why they added the tilt!!!!!!
Thanks a bunch,
Pete
ps................could I make up bushings to tilt the rotors outward?????????

Just chiming in but that sounded extremely sarcastic and completely inappropriate. I personally don't care which aircraft you have. The answer was fact. Show a bit of respect, if that is possible.

Just chiming in but that sounded extremely sarcastic and completely inappropriate. I personally don't care which aircraft you have. The answer was fact. Show a bit of respect, if that is possible.

You may be doing him a disservice - it's quite possible that, alternatively, he is simply quite clueless and doesn't know which aircraft he has. A problem that Nathan Poe knew, and knew well.

You may be doing him a disservice - it's quite possible that, alternatively, he is simply quite clueless and doesn't know which aircraft he has. A problem that Nathan Poe knew, and knew well.

Yes....... You hit it right on the head. Thou I've been in the hobby for "over" 60 years, I bought my neighbors drone without any "hands on" knowledge about. I admit just because I can fly backwards inverted figure 8's with a copter (without hours of sim time), I'm big enough to realize I have "much" to learn about drones.
Thanks for taking the time to "walk a mile in my uneducated" shoes.;);)

Pete.....

ps....................Again, will making bushings to offset the rotors a bit help with vertical stalling????

Reactions: CarlStarke
Don't have a lot of time to go in to detail this eve, but others will surely look. This does not look like the typical instantaneous shutdowns that I have seen. Maybe @sar104 may have a few minutes this eve. I may be back in a bit. But here is an initial look at the motors at the end of the data.

View attachment 104582
Oh that I could learn how to produce this sort of analysis............:rolleyes:

Yes I've learned to stay away from after market sets based on they same thing happening to a friend.

RoOSTA.
Same here my first flight with aftermarket ended badly. 2 Blades blew off on takeoff luckily no damage. DJI Blades are worth the money without a doubt. KO

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor