I guess its a Duff One

Reaction score
I have just taken it out of the box and powered it up for the first time. I successfully did the Compass Calibration but waiting for it to power up ready for flight all is not well.

The motors will not power up at all and didn't straight out of the box before the Compass Calibration. I thought this a bit odd as the advertising suggest it will power up straight from the box. The battery was fully charged.

When the Phantom cycles through its start up it correctly indicates the flight mode and then, depending if indoors or outdoors it indicates the state of Satellite Reception but then there are a series of about 4 Green Flashes. There is still no power to the motors. From what I have researched these green flashes indicate it is calibrating its orientation and should stop but they don't.

I have connected to the NazaM Assistant 2.02 and done an advanced calibration. I re booted the Phantom but this did not make a difference to the Green Lights or power to the motors.

I then did a Factory Reset after disconnecting the motors as instructed. This instruction suggest there may be a power up of the motors during the reset but there wasn't. The reset happened very quickly. I connected the motors and re booted the Phantom but there was no change.

I then did a reset with the motors connected but Rotors removed. Nothing visible happened during the process and there was no change after re booting.

The NazaM Assistant shows the MC Power output as off all the time while it is connected to the NAZAM Assistant. Is this normal?

Needless to say I am not very happy. Have I missed something obvious?

Edited to say that in frustration I started twirling the sticks willy nilly and it appeared to me that at left stick down and left and right stick down and right it burst in to life. I had RTFM repeatedly and was aware of the TX procedure but couldn't get a response up till that point. I'll see if it is still behaving in the morning.

once you get the calibration done and are getting green led flashes, are the led flashing 4 fast ones or are they flashing slowly? are you moving the phantom at all? usually fast flashing green led indicates that the phantom is trying to record a new "home" position. this usually happens when the phantom is moved - this can be demonstrated if you put the phantom on a table, wait for it to get the green led, and then picking it up.

the motors do not actually start up by itself. you need to activate it. Step 3 under the Flight Test of the Quick Start Manual shows you the control stick positions to start the motors.

hope this helps

Ali in Austria said:
Needless to say I am not very happy. Have I missed something obvious?

...I started twirling the sticks willy nilly and it appeared to me that at left stick down and left and right stick down and right it burst in to life. I had RTFM repeatedly and was aware of the TX procedure but couldn't get a response up till that point. I'll see if it is still behaving in the morning.

Uh,. yah,. top page 13 on the Quick Start Manual, setp 3
Happens to the best of us! But at least you're now very familiar with the NAZA Assistant and parts of your Phantom. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers