I gotta stop reading these forums.

Reaction score
Every new post makes me think ... "Oooh! I gotta buy that now!", or "I MUST HAVE THAT!", or "That would be nice, I'll just buy that tomorrow", etc, etc, etc.

And like mentioned in another thread here - "I love my drone". Yup, I do ... it sure looks nice sitting on the table ... waiting for the weather to get better. I got it two weeks ago, and nearly froze my cajones off the 3 times I went out flying ... and then the weather got worse! So yes - I love my drone - it's a pretty paperweight (for the moment) :(

Now that we've got some great weather ... I have to work ... a lot ... no chance of flying for at least another week or two :(

Yup ... I love my drone, but I gotta avoid this forum for a while ... I can't afford to keep buying things I can't use (yet). LOL

(okay, I'm done venting ... I feel (a little) better :))

This is when you do all the mods to make it more better! Like upgraded motors, upgraded FC board, get that camera and get the gimbal working well. Paint the shell. New decals. And finally mittens for when you HAVE to fly it.

find a large indoor location to fly. We have a gymnastics building we use in bad weather.

My guess is that the Chinese have figured out a way to engineer the world's weather, and are making sure we're all stuck inside for as long as possible with nothing better to do than cruise the internet looking for the latest hottest accessory that we don't have yet. Tons of Christmas Phantoms all over the globe that never had a chance to show what they could do in stock form before their owners got suckered in to piling on the extras while waiting out this "unexpectedly nasty" winter.

Touche, Shenzhen. Touche.

CyberVet65 said:
This is when you do all the mods to make it more better! Like upgraded motors, upgraded FC board, get that camera and get the gimbal working well. Paint the shell. New decals. And finally mittens for when you HAVE to fly it.

Well, of course you're right. The problem is that I'm new to all of this and don't want to make too many changes until I'm comfortable with the basics. Heck - I can't even fly around a stationary object while keeping the camera pointed at it :(

But - I have made a few (minor) changes. I guess when my next UPS package arrives, I'll be making more changes :)

GneeChee said:
CyberVet65 said:

Well, of course you're right. The problem is that I'm new to all of this and don't want to make too many changes until I'm comfortable with the basics. Heck - I can't even fly around a stationary object while keeping the camera pointed at it :(

But - I have made a few (minor) changes. I guess when my next UPS package arrives, I'll be making more changes :)
ahhh you have it under control. :)

OI Photography said:
My guess is that the Chinese have figured out a way to engineer the world's weather, and are making sure we're all stuck inside for as long as possible with nothing better to do than cruise the internet looking for the latest hottest accessory that we don't have yet. Tons of Christmas Phantoms all over the globe that never had a chance to show what they could do in stock form before their owners got suckered in to piling on the extras while waiting out this "unexpectedly nasty" winter.

Touche, Shenzhen. Touche.

Ya know ... if that were true, I think the world would have grounds to declare war, considering the drought in the Western US, the massive snows in the Eastern US, the rare snow and ice storms in the Southern US, as well as the flooding in the UK, and the volcano eruptions and rogue waves in other parts of the world. In fact, maybe we could find a way to blame DJI for all the trouble in the Middle East, too :)

Shouldn't that be "Douche, Shenzhen, Douche"? :lol:

OI Photography said:
GneeChee said:
Shouldn't that be "Douche, Shenzhen, Douche"? :lol:

LOL I should have expected a line like that to come out of OKC

"GneeChee"...is that a subset of Cherokee? :lol:

Cherokee? Nope. But I give you props - it's the first time anybody ever asked me that.

Generally people think I've either bastardized, or just don't know how to spell "Nietzsche".

By the way - I'm not from Oklahoma - I just live there now. I'm from Minnesota :) Besides, I don't think Okies have any clue what Shenzhen is - much less a douche. :lol:

Skipholiday said:
find a large indoor location to fly. We have a gymnastics building we use in bad weather.

Lol. I can't tell ya how many times I've been sitting inside at my sliding glass door staying warm while my P2V is flying outside.

Scottrod said:
Skipholiday said:

Lol. I can't tell ya how many times I've been sitting inside at my sliding glass door staying warm while my P2V is flying outside.

You mean that all those times I was tempting frostbite, I could have been sitting inside my car flying the quad?

(*face palm*)

Scottrod said:
Skipholiday said:

perfect

GneeChee said:
Scottrod said:
Skipholiday said:

You mean that all those times I was tempting frostbite, I could have been sitting inside my car flying the quad?

(*face palm*)

Yes, but don't do what someone else did and calibrate the compass inside the car too... :shock: Still I suppose if you were in the car you could chase it down as it flew away!

P2V.jpg

Pull_Up said:
GneeChee said:
Scottrod said:
Skipholiday said:

(*face palm*)

Yes, but don't do what someone else did and calibrate the compass inside the car too... :shock: Still I suppose if you were in the car you could chase it down as it flew away!

Good point! You'd think that's common sense though. I'm honestly finding that I have to calibrate my machine fairly often for it to fly straight. More often than my last phantom. I even ran the advanced calibration in the software.

I am sure that you could get some great aerial shot of the snow to put on this site and compare wit other part's of the State's and see who has the most snow and frozen lake's , even land on the lake you will not be able to in a couple month's time then just look back and say " two month's ago I was flying and landing on that lake".

Scottrod said:
Skipholiday said:

LOL..... I've done it twice :D

Hey Mate,

Is that umbrella an official DJI accessory? If not, did it void the warranty? I want to "pre-order" one! If you connect the antenna to the main umbrella shaft it should give you excellent signal strength...

:lol:

Ron

hollowneck said:
Hey Mate,
Is that umbrella an official DJI accessory? If not, did it void the warranty? I want to "pre-order" one! If you connect the antenna to the main umbrella shaft it should give you excellent signal strength...
:lol:
Ron

Hahaha! Nice thinking. I'll start a Facebook page and pre-order shop front.

Fame and fortune here I come.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20