I got tired of retirement

Droneted

Phantom 4 gimbal repair advice
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I have been retired for 12 years. Having nothing to do, I bought a P3 Pro. I have enjoyed flying. When I was a teenager, I built model planes and flew them with a U control. We spent hours going in circles. They would go up and down but at the end of a cable. We used 049 engines. A lot has change in 50 years. RC planes were just coming out. Being poor, I never could afford one.
Now I am back to work. When I had. a hard landing, I broke the camera. I decided to fix it myself. It took me hours as I had to watch YouTube while I did it. My new career is rebuilding P3 cameras. Am I getting rich? Well no. By the time I buy a broken camera and replace the parts, I about break even. However I have never had so much fun.

Good for you! I'm 62 and still working. Flying a P3 Pro is so much fun. My favorite thing to do is actually flying low and slow at an angle that no one can get with a SLR hand held. I too flew the old cable controlled gas engine dizzy machines. This is so much better! Private pilot who no longer can spend the money or time to rent a 172 for the weekend. Looking forward to traveling with "Scotty" (my P3) and taking some amazing images. This hobby is going to explode!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You are correct in that age should have nothing to do with having fun. I do believe though that maturity helps demonstrate that coexistence with those around us is important and that respecting each others privacy is important. Our use of flight space is a privalige and we need to respect it. We should encourage those young at heart to teach young pilots to be respectful flyers.

Very true. There is another Phantom in my neighborhood that flies over our yards and houses far too low. I will eventually find that person and try to instill some common sense. It even creeped me out a bit seeing it over my private backyard at 100' or less.

I have been retired for 12 years. Having nothing to do, I bought a P3 Pro. I have enjoyed flying. When I was a teenager, I built model planes and flew them with a U control. We spent hours going in circles. They would go up and down but at the end of a cable. We used 049 engines. A lot has change in 50 years. RC planes were just coming out. Being poor, I never could afford one.
Now I am back to work. When I had. a hard landing, I broke the camera. I decided to fix it myself. It took me hours as I had to watch YouTube while I did it. My new career is rebuilding P3 cameras. Am I getting rich? Well no. By the time I buy a broken camera and replace the parts, I about break even. However I have never had so much fun.

Good for you - nice to hear. So one could say you are - rewired - not retired. Keeping yourself busy - and the mind working is key with regard to longevity. Best of luck with your new found work and your - rewirement!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers