I got my Lights!

Reaction score
My lights came in the mail today for my P2V+
Here is a short clip I took with my iPhone while testing out the new lights.

This should keep the phantom visible to low flying aircraft. While the lights that come on the phantom are nice and bright and can be seen from great distances away, they are pretty much only visible from below the phantom. I put these lights around the side of the phantom to be visible from almost any angle top or bottom.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11gv901m9PA[/youtube]

Strait out of Close Encounters Of The Third Kind...Brilliant !

I ordered the lights from this website: http://www.quadcopterlightkit.com/#!dji ... t-kit/cigc
The lights give you the option of pretty much any solid color, a solid white flash, 3 color fade or flash, 7 color fade or flash. The only down side is that you cannot pick the colors that flash or fade, the flash and fade colors are set at the factory and cannot be changed. You however can set it to any solid color you want. Brightness and flash/fade speeds can be controlled by you with the remote.

Its a strip of lights that have a sticky back. You peal off the paper back and then stick it on all the way around the phantom. Maybe its just me but I didn't trust the sticky back to keep it on the phantom. I also used 4 ZipTies on the arms near the motor area (most narrow part) and these suckers will defiantly stay in place for sure with the zipties on.

They give you two options to power the lights, one is to use the phantoms battery power (I think this only works with the old phantom models) and the other option is to use a 9 Volt Battery. I used the 9Vold battery on mine and just attached it underneath the phantom behind the camera/gimbal with the included velcro.

Nice. I may have to get a set of the directional lights. They are cheap enough to trash if I don't like them.

Really cool solution and implementation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik