I got interviewed from the news last night - Drones and Wildfires

Jeff you might've invited every FAA agent to review your videos. Your flights in Yosemite(national park), Levi stadium (TFR), Golden Gate Bridge(PFR) etc... Not bashing, Love your videos, but saying you follow FAA rules " Come on man"

Anyway, Congrats!

Hopefully firefighters were able to get back to putting out those fires the next day. Sorry to see our hobby/recreation tarnished when idiots do these stunts. If that area is a national park, UAVs aka drones are prohibited.

Jeff you might've invited every FAA agent to review your videos. Your flights in Yosemite(national park), Levi stadium (TFR), Golden Gate Bridge(PFR) etc... Not bashing, Love your videos, but saying you follow FAA rules " Come on man"

Anyway, Congrats!
Ya shouldn't even brought that up Bigdz cause now
it's gonna be
Oh Boy.jpg

Flying like Jeff does and flying around
like in that fire is way different ! JMO
Good interview Jeff !
Shoulda had a PhantomPilots hat
on though ! That's one slick *** head :eek:

Anyway, Congrats!

I cant say that I disagree with you there....but I feel that I fly differently. Yes, might not be according to the rules but I get as much clearance as I can and try to fly as safe as possible but with also getting some good footage. I know, I know

Reactions: Bigdz
Not HATING
Just STATING...

Jeffs vids are legit! I don't have the balls to do what he's done...

So before this gets out of hand
I do apologize
But I had to get it out ;)

I guess I'm just a Bitter SOB
Who got popped by Office of homeland security for flying over Levi stadium last year with my Blade 350, afraid to do what others, like Jeff have done because I don't want those agents to return to my house...(long story)

Anyway good interview keep up the good work Jeff!

Yeah we lost an additional 5000 acres of our forest do to those idiots Wednesday night, I live in Big Bear. It's pretty sad people don't have enough common sense or are to selfish to think of others, They just want that shot. Today will be the day, it will either be a good day or a very bad day. Wind direction forecast is not looking good though.

The reports I read said it was a red or orange fixed wing aircraft with a four foot wing span. It's a small consolation that at least it wasn't a Phantom, although it won't matter in the eyes of the public.

Reactions: Jeffin916
The reports I read said it was a red or orange fixed wing aircraft with a four foot wing span. It's a small consolation that at least it wasn't a Phantom, although it won't matter in the eyes of the public.

They caught another guy last night with a q500.

This is what comes of not educating yourself on rules and using common sense, the airspace over and around an active fire is RESTRICTED air space. You should not have to told that, common sense would tell you that there will be very low flying helicopters and fixed wing aircraft all over the area. Water drop, fire retardant, fire spotters, and news copters, if you fly into that you are really stupid. I hope he is also stupid enough to upload to youtube so the can be caught and prosecuted. by grounding response aircraft he put property and lives in danger, not to mention delaying the progress on putting out this fire, which by the way, has burned over 35 sq MILES of forest.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
This is what comes of not educating yourself on rules and using common sense, the airspace over and around an active fire is RESTRICTED air space. You should not have to told that, common sense would tell you that there will be very low flying helicopters and fixed wing aircraft all over the area. Water drop, fire retardant, fire spotters, and news copters, if you fly into that you are really stupid. I hope he is also stupid enough to upload to youtube so the can be caught and prosecuted. by grounding response aircraft he put property and lives in danger, not to mention delaying the progress on putting out this fire, which by the way, has burned over 35 sq MILES of forest.

Common sense isn't very common these days. But I agree with you completely.

Back in 1989 I was stationed at Fort Ord. I got there and was put up in a Motel 6 right down the road from Fort Ord because they had an in-processing backlog and extended my leave for three days. I had just driven in from Georgia and was smoked. Lying on the bed, watching the TV mounted to the wall on an arm and just cracked open my first beer and the delivery pizza box when everything went to hell. The Earthquake of 1989.That TV started bouncing up and down and then sparks flew everywhere. This Ga. boy wasn't ready for the Earth to move!

I was being flown out to Oakland to help with body recovery and rescues. While on final to a piece of undamaged roadway, a yellow crop duster with a news cameraman hanging out of the side did a very tight 180° in a rapid ascent. Almost flew right into us; the tail number readable through the cargo door windows it was so close.

That airspace was restricted by NOTAM's. Didn't stop the gawker who wanted to get the video. Both men were arrested upon landing back in Salinas. Never heard anything else about it though.

Good job Jeff. I like the way you help out. :D

Reactions: Jeffin916
Not HATING
Just STATING...

Jeffs vids are legit! I don't have the balls to do what he's done...

So before this gets out of hand
I do apologize
But I had to get it out ;)

I guess I'm just a Bitter SOB
Who got popped by Office of homeland security for flying over Levi stadium last year with my Blade 350, afraid to do what others, like Jeff have done because I don't want those agents to return to my house...(long story)

Anyway good interview keep up the good work Jeff!

Last edited:
Common sense isn't very common these days. But I agree with you completely.

Back in 1989 I was stationed at Fort Ord. I got there and was put up in a Motel 6 right down the road from Fort Ord because they had an in-processing backlog and extended my leave for three days. I had just driven in from Georgia and was smoked. Lying on the bed, watching the TV mounted to the wall on an arm and just cracked open my first beer and the delivery pizza box when everything went to hell. The Earthquake of 1989.That TV started bouncing up and down and then sparks flew everywhere. This Ga. boy wasn't ready for the Earth to move!

I was being flown out to Oakland to help with body recovery and rescues. While on final to a piece of undamaged roadway, a yellow crop duster with a news cameraman hanging out of the side did a very tight 180° in a rapid ascent. Almost flew right into us; the tail number readable through the cargo door windows it was so close.

That airspace was restricted by NOTAM's. Didn't stop the gawker who wanted to get the video. Both men were arrested upon landing back in Salinas. Never heard anything else about it though.
Oh Man, I lived in N. Salinas at the time, was a 1st Sgt. at Ord and retired from there in 86, stayed on as a LEO for a few years. I remember my house doing the rock and roll, hallway twisting as I tried to get out. 10 min later my pager went off ordering everyone in to duty.

Oh Man, I lived in N. Salinas at the time, was a 1st Sgt. at Ord and retired from there in 86, stayed on as a LEO for a few years. I remember my house doing the rock and roll, hallway twisting as I tried to get out. 10 min later my pager went off ordering everyone in to duty.

Brother, I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Especially right after retiring. That was a tough time.

Reactions: F6Rider
BTW, I was in 3/123rd Aviation Regiment of 7th ID. Did the Panama thing. Tina Turner was never the same. ;)

Reactions: F6Rider

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20