I got accused of spying

DreamsHD, I saw your post, I have lots to do with the holidays coming but thought I'd pass along my thoughts, sorry if someone has already asked this. Do you live in Kentucky? It matters not. That judge (in Kentucky) should have been advised by the Federal courts in regards to Federal Law regarding shooting at "aircraft" of which "drones" are considered by the FAA. Shooting at an "aircraft" requires mandatory Federal prison time AND a stiff fine. But hey, the FAA didn't pursue it because it didn't involve the COMMERCIAL use of that Kentucky owner's quad that got shotgunned. If you don't live in Kentucky, then let him shoot it down, but wait until you know he's outside, call the cops to tell them the threat he made, get a buddy to video him doing it, hopefully just as the LEO shows up in his squad car... then the LEO can turn him into Swiss cheese with his Glock. Problem solved. Merry Christmas. No really folks, I'm here all weekend, try the veal.

Nope, thankfully not Kentucky but fairly close. [emoji23] I think the judge made a big mistake in that case.

Did he actually come on to your property? If it happens again call the police, tell him in their presence he is not welcome on your property. If it happens again have him arrested for trespassing. As far as shooting the drone out of the sky, depending on your state law and city ordinances, discharging a fire arm inside the city limits may be against the law as well as a form of reckless endangerment. I know it is here where I police.
I'd suggest something further, post no-trespassing signs on your property, if he crosses onto your property, you can then have the police arrest him for trespassing. Otherwise the police can do nothing other than have a chat with your recalcitrant neighbor. The Kentucky case was a bad precedent where the judge disregarded entirely the whole concept of the illegality of firing a shotgun into the air (where the .38 caliber pellets fell she did not care) and gave that guy a complete pass. The FAA should have gone after him but like I said, it had nothing to do with the commercial operation of that quadcopter so the FAA didn't give a rip that Federal law had been violated.

The guy is just looking for a good excuse to shoot his gun and looking for justification for owning his weapon. I mean, he's gotta protect himself from something right?

I think drones should have the right to defend themselves and shoot back!!!!!!!!! #EqualHumanRightsForDrones2015

wanna know the worst part? My phantom wasn't even off the ground... Or turned on it was just sitting by my porch for the last 6 hours. A neighbor came over and said if he saw it in the sky he was shooting it down because he wasn't risking me spying on anyone. I showed him pictures I had on my phone and told him about people looking like ants with wide screen lens and he said I probably had telescope lens I could easily take off before he got there. I asked "do you watch a lot of news or something?" And he replied "yeah I do watch a lot of news actually" and I told him maybe he should stop watching so much because it was making him paranoid. He then said he had a right to shoot down anything above his property and I told him he'd go to jail. He said no I would for spying and by then I was trying really hard not to start laughing at him and his paranoia
O man, that's one of the few advantage of living in my country, Ecuador if someone say something rude, in your property out can actually beat his *** no question ask, and the best part now one really cares about it

wanna know the worst part? My phantom wasn't even off the ground... Or turned on it was just sitting by my porch for the last 6 hours. A neighbor came over and said if he saw it in the sky he was shooting it down because he wasn't risking me spying on anyone. I showed him pictures I had on my phone and told him about people looking like ants with wide screen lens and he said I probably had telescope lens I could easily take off before he got there. I asked "do you watch a lot of news or something?" And he replied "yeah I do watch a lot of news actually" and I told him maybe he should stop watching so much because it was making him paranoid. He then said he had a right to shoot down anything above his property and I told him he'd go to jail. He said no I would for spying and by then I was trying really hard not to start laughing at him and his paranoia
Not sure what state you live in, however I'm pretty positive that the LEO will have a field day with him for reckless discharge of a firearm. Next time he gives you crap let him know that the penalty for such a crime is upto 1 year in prison and, depending on if it's charged as a felony or misdemeanor can have fines from $50-1000 for misdemeanors upto $10,000 for felonies! And if he continues to be a jack-bag let him know that the definition of recklessly discharging a firearm is willfully discharging a firearm in a grossly negligent manner, which could result in a person's death or injury. If he were to fire into the air, miss and the bullet travel unknowingly into the air, it could potentially come down and strike an individual thus resulting in death or injury to them. I bet he'll shut up after you tell him that. THEN take your bird up and fly circles around him! LOL

If he will shoot your drone he will go to jail. Case closed

drone_s878x572.jpg

IS THAT WHY THESE ARE SELLING LIKE HOT CAKES ?

Behind my house there are new houses being built and there is this security guard. So the other day I went back in that neighborhood to fly around because no one was there and it was wide open space. Immediately the security guard asked me ,"Does the govt know you have that?". Ignored him and kept flying.....totally pissed me off. I dunno why, just did.

I think people are more paranoid now because of the whole FAA registration thing.

Behind my house there are new houses being built and there is this security guard. So the other day I went back in that neighborhood to fly around because no one was there and it was wide open space. Immediately the security guard asked me ,"Does the govt know you have that?". Ignored him and kept flying.....totally pissed me off. I dunno why, just did.

I think people are more paranoid now because of the whole FAA registration thing.
Did you tell him "Yes" since you are registered? I wonder if he keeps his bullet in his pocket.

14609-Paul-Blart-Mall-Cop-2-Movie-Poster-Wallpaper.1200w.tn.jpg

Did you tell him "Yes" since you are registered? I wonder if he keeps his bullet in his pocket.

View attachment 40442

I said YES of course and I walked away further down to fly. Is it the fact that drones carry camera's but not so much the drone itself?

I didn't see any specific laws in Kentucky related to Unlawful Discharge of a Firearm.
Kentucky Revised Statutes
KRS Chapter 237

Kentucky is a very pro gun state. Their gun laws are very basic and limited compared to Florida, NewYork, California and other states.
I included Florida with NY and CA because of the massive influx of liberal democrats that are working hard to eventually change Florida from a gun friendly state to another gun hostile state.

In the Kentucky case of william meredith....
This could mean that Mr. meredith didn't really break any laws - in Kentucky.
The same incident in many other places would most likely have resulted in a conviction.

Check your states laws on Unlawful Discharge of Firearms to see if your neighbor(s) would legally be held accountable in the event he/she shot down your drone. Varies by state.

Destruction of property and.or reckless endangerment are entirely different subjects

I said YES of course and I walked away further down to fly. Is it the fact that drones carry camera's but not so much the drone itself?
I think so. That is usually the second question I get asked. When you say yes they express their concerns about privacy. I show them the monitor screen and point out how tiny they look and how you can't discern who is who from even 30'.

He is afraid you might find out he has a "teeny weenie ".

If the guy doesn't want it flying over his property, don't fly it over his property. How far up does he own the air rights above his land? Maybe he can legally shoot it over his own land. Why ask for trouble?

But he can't shoot it over someone else's land, even if he thinks you're spying on him or someone else.

He's touchy about this but I wouldn't call him paranoid. I did see someone that put a magnifier over his P3 lens and it worked.

Good god! America and their gun law's, if it was me I would punch he's lights out! Lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4