I got 32 min flight whit the P4 Pro battery in P4

Reaction score
43e10acb69ea01b95c881c2f6214fd28.jpg

VERY Nice!

According to DJI Support, it is not advisable to use the P4P battery with a P4 given the different power ratings, just so you know.

According to DJI Support, it is not advisable to use the P4P battery with a P4 given the different power ratings, just so you know.
That's not true. The craft pulls only the power it needs. Both batteries have identical voltage, that's what's important. The new 5840 battery simply offers more current, or Mah to fly longer. Everyone says they are compatible, so I'm puzzled why anyone at DJI would tell you different. However it is common for online DJI chat/support to be totally wrong.

Last edited:
That's not true. The craft pulls only the power it needs. Both batteries have identical voltage, that's what's important. The new 5840 battery simply offers more current, or Mah to fly longer. Everyone says they are compatible, so I'm puzzled why anyone at DJI would tell you different. However it is common for online DJI chat/support to be totally wrong.

Just saying....

Just saying....
That's amusing. The voltage is identical between both batteries, his statement is wrong. The battery voltage is printed right on both batteries, they are identical. Also, "capacity" is not measured in voltage, it's measure in milliamps, or Mah. Sometimes it's measured in WATTS, which is Voltage times Amps. This battery does have a higher capacity yes, but it's not at a higher voltage. So this person is simply wrong, and doesn't know what he's talking about, and that's not unusual from DJI's marginal customer support.

That's a real good flight time I have been trying to figure out how to get the best gas mileage. What was your battery percentage when you landed ? What kind of speeds where you flying at ? Anything particularly that helped you? Good job I'm impressed any info you could share would be appreciated.
Anthony

DJI probably hasn't done any testing in regards to P4 <-> P4P battery mixing. If so, I think the tech who replied was just being cautious and didn't want to officially condone doing battery swaps between the crafts.

32 minutes is nice! Best I've done is only 21 minutes. My average flights (down to 30% battery) are in the 15 to 18 minute range.

I'm guessing they are just wanting the consumer to upgrade to the P4P to get the higher capacity and longer flight times.

It's total BS. I already knew better but I called DJI and asked them about the higher milliamp battery (not higher voltage) and of course they said both batteries are compatible with either drones. Even on their website, the higher capacity battery says it's for the "Phantom 4 Series".

That's amusing. The voltage is identical between both batteries, his statement is wrong. The battery voltage is printed right on both batteries, they are identical. Also, "capacity" is not measured in voltage, it's measure in milliamps, or Mah. Sometimes it's measured in WATTS, which is Voltage times Amps. This battery does have a higher capacity yes, but it's not at a higher voltage. So this person is simply wrong, and doesn't know what he's talking about, and that's not unusual from DJI's marginal customer support.

Just for info..: Capacity is not same as charge (Q) and it is not power (W). also not milliamps. right is mAh. As you wrote the current is defined by how much the bird pulls so to speak (resistance). In other words: The batteries should work fine ;)

Yep, same voltage is the constant it will stay up longer because of more capacity. Think of your house electrical panel, do you have a 100 amp or 200 amp service? You can run all your stuff in either because they have the same voltage, just more stuff at the same time in the 200 amp. Another way to think of it is a air compressor, one with a small tank and one with a large tank, if the regulator is set at the same pressure (voltage) your air tool will work with the same power (torque) and speed because it is dependent to the tools requirements, the only difference is that the larger tank one (larger capacity) will run your tools longer (not faster or stronger) before starting the compressor motor (charging) than the small one.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj