I get "Propulsion output is limited to ensure safety of battery warning" all the time.

Reaction score
I get this warning all the time. "Propulsion output is limited to ensure safety of battery warning" I know it is for batteries that are low, cold, hot etc. but I seem to this message almost every time I fly, sometimes several times in one flight. I have 3 batteries and I think it does it with all of them. I need to start paying attention from now on to which battery, when, etc. P.S. My batteries have 52, 37, and 27 charges on them so far.

Any one know if I can fix this, or if it is a serious issue?

Are you making sure batteries are fully charged before each flight?

Lately I get this message too from time to time, but only to the oldest battery (63 charges) and only if I start a flight with the battery not fully charged, or at the way back home from a long flight while keeping full throttle fwd.
Try upgrading to my sw config (not further) see in the signature, I'm running this versions since oct 2016, all perfect, no issues.

You'll want to take note which battery(ies) are triggering this and at what flight parameters you see it (full throttle climb, hovering, etc). While it "could" be a FW issue I suspect not since it just started happening and you didn't indicate a recent FW change.

My gut tells me you have battery(ies) that either need to be cycled or they are just going bad for whatever reason. As LiPo get some age on them (even more so if they aren't treated properly along the way) they get "weaker" and don't have the PUNCH a new pack will have. This could be indicated with the type of warnings you are mentioning randomly.

Reactions: Jesse_M
I got this the other day and I believe it to be a specific battery. In fact the same battery that went into unexpected failsafe the day before. I am keeping a close eye on this one and probably will just continue using it for short close flights.

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Thanks for all the advice. This is my second P3 since I sold my P3A for a slightly used P3P a year ago and now have 3 batteries of different age. I have them labeled 1,2,3 to try and keep track. I plan to start out on battery 2 with only 27 charges on it and see if the error happens with that one. I just thought of something. I do have a home made 100 watt LED setup that needs it's own 3s battery, circuit board, heat sink etc. that is heavy. I have also flown many times with a hula hoop with LEDs that change color. Those accessories reduce my flight time a lot and I may just have a weakened battery now from the high drain. I always start out on fully charged batteries and never run them below 20%. I have gone down to 12-16% a few times testing long range antennas, etc. but not often. Is there an easy way to see the truth health of a battery?

My GO app is 3.1.5, Version is 1.6.4, Remote Version 1.5.7

Thanks for all the advice. This is my second P3 since I sold my P3A for a slightly used P3P a year ago and now have 3 batteries of different age. I have them labeled 1,2,3 to try and keep track. I plan to start out on battery 2 with only 27 charges on it and see if the error happens with that one. I just thought of something. I do have a home made 100 watt LED setup that needs it's own 3s battery, circuit board, heat sink etc. that is heavy. I have also flown many times with a hula hoop with LEDs that change color. Those accessories reduce my flight time a lot and I may just have a weakened battery now from the high drain. I always start out on fully charged batteries and never run them below 20%. I have gone down to 12-16% a few times testing long range antennas, etc. but not often. Is there an easy way to see the truth health of a battery?

My GO app is 3.1.5, Version is 1.6.4, Remote Version 1.5.7

Internal resistance is a indicator of battery health, but I don't know how you could measure that on a DJI battery

I got this message once when I was flying the other day, and i was doing a full throttle climb, battery was just under stress at that particular time.

You'll want to take note which battery(ies) are triggering this and at what flight parameters you see it (full throttle climb, hovering, etc). While it "could" be a FW issue I suspect not since it just started happening and you didn't indicate a recent FW change.

My gut tells me you have battery(ies) that either need to be cycled or they are just going bad for whatever reason. As LiPo get some age on them (even more so if they aren't treated properly along the way) they get "weaker" and don't have the PUNCH a new pack will have. This could be indicated with the type of warnings you are mentioning randomly.
Oh blimey BigAl... you'll kick off the "DJI batteries do not need to be cycled" debate again..!

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.