I get my P3P tomorrow. Battery questions

D

DrewFlies

Trying to understand the rule of thumb for maintaining proper battery care. I have been seeing mixed responses. What has worked best for you?

Charge battery to 100%. Fly P3P for 10 minutes (50%). Put back on charger and repeat process for the first 10 flights?

Trying to understand the rule of thumb for maintaining proper battery care. I have been seeing mixed responses. What has worked best for you?

Charge battery to 100%. Fly P3P for 10 minutes (50%). Put back on charger and repeat process for the first 10 flights?

That is what I am doing. I run the battery down to 45% on the first 8 to 10 flights. Let the battery cool down and then charge up again.

The first time you charge the controller it will probably charge for a couple hours, just so you know. When the LED lights on the controller stop blinking it is fully charged.

Are you familiar with how to update the firmware on the controller and P3? You will need to do that when your P3 comes.

That is what I am doing. I run the battery down to 45% on the first 8 to 10 flights. Let the battery cool down and then charge up again.

The first time you charge the controller it will probably charge for a couple hours, just so you know. When the LED lights on the controller stop blinking it is fully charged.

Are you familiar with how to update the firmware on the controller and P3? You will need to do that when your P3 comes.

not off the top of my head. I have seen some videos, so I'm sure I will watch those videos a little more carefully once updating firmware. Downloading update onto micro sd then placing into phantom 3 and turn it on. Also was a little curious of the beginner mode?

not off the top of my head. I have seen some videos, so I'm sure I will watch those videos a little more carefully once updating firmware. Downloading update onto micro sd then placing into phantom 3 and turn it on. Also was a little curious of the beginner mode?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Keep in mind the P3 will not stop beeping when the firmware update is complete. The beeping changes from a "D--D--D--D" to a "D---DD---DD".

Beginner mode allows you to fly 30 meters away and 30 meters high. If you use an iOS (Apple) device, the app has a simulator that works well. Try that too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Keep in mind the P3 will not stop beeping when the firmware update is complete. The beeping changes from a "D--D--D--D" to a "D---DD---DD".

Beginner mode allows you to fly 30 meters away and 30 meters high. If you use an iOS (Apple) device, the app has a simulator that works well. Try that too.

thank you I was aware of the beeping noise people have mentioned. I don't have Apple device. I will be using Samsung Galaxy S5. I was hoping to test out the simulator.

Unfortunately the simulator isn't on the latest Android app yet. Only iOS.

ok also speaking of the remote charging. I haven't heard anything about external batteries for the remote or spare batteries. Once the battery dies in the remote its history like iPhones?

ok also speaking of the remote charging. I haven't heard anything about external batteries for the remote or spare batteries. Once the battery dies in the remote its history like iPhones?

I believe by that time in the future someone will have had made a video on how to open the controller and replace the battery.

There are tutorials on YouTube on how to open iPhones and replace the batteries for under $35. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.