I Flew over the Rose Parade - crazy view

Nice :D

You was not afraid that the Phantom could fall down???

I'm wondering why some part of the video have blurry foreground and background, only for a couple of seconds and then everything are sharp? I doesn't look like it is a Auto focus problem. I don't even know if the GoPro have auto focus?

Ahhh ok then I understand better :cool:

Like the one you can do with a Lens-Baby.

Klaus said:
Nice :D

You was not afraid that the Phantom could fall down???

I used batteries that I knew were charged - and I didn't hit a bird.

That's the only reasons it would fall.

Phantasmic said:
JoeC said:

Incorrect.

A forum search/browsing the forum should help you understand that.

I wouldn't know what to search for. I have over 200+ flights with mine, and its never fallen from the sky. The only time its crashed was my fault when I hit something with it.

Is there seriously an issue of "falling from the sky" that people have been having?

So cool!
I give up. How did you do Tilt Shift in post? I have Sony Vegas 11. Is it available there? Do share. Thanks.

len750 said:
So cool!
I give up. How did you do Tilt Shift in post? I have Sony Vegas 11. Is it available there? Do share. Thanks.
Adobe After Effects
I used a plug-in from Magic Bullet Looks

I really enjoyed your video. The music choice was perfect. The tilt shift effect is nice but not sure I would have held it throughout the entire video. I would have been worried about the people below but if you have had over 200 trouble free flights then I can understand your level of confidence.

Thanks for sharing.

JoeC said:
len750 said:
So cool!
Adobe After Effects
I used a plug-in from Magic Bullet Looks

There's some guys on YouTube that do it using Sony Vegas 11, but I can't for the life of me understand what the hell they're sayin! Oh well, I'll keep trying. Love the effect. I'm going to try it out here in our 75 degree in January, Arizona desert. :lol:

JoeC said:
Phantasmic said:
JoeC said:

Incorrect.

A forum search/browsing the forum should help you understand that.

I wouldn't know what to search for. I have over 200+ flights with mine, and its never fallen from the sky. The only time its crashed was my fault when I hit something with it.

Is there seriously an issue of "falling from the sky" that people have been having?

I had a Phantom fall out of the sky without warning. Turns out the Zenmuse over heated the unit somehow.

lyonaerials said:
I had a Phantom fall out of the sky without warning. Turns out the Zenmuse over heated the unit somehow.

I don't use a gimbal, but that would be disastrous for me - I fly over water a lot...
Hope you got it back in one piece.

We'll I think it's a pretty cool video but it seems we are all supposed to critique the details of the video but I don't have time for that crap

Happy new year and stop the "hate" friggin haters

eckoner said:
We'll I think it's a pretty cool video but it seems we are all supposed to critique the details of the video but I don't have time for that crap

Its never a good idea to share your stuff if your sensitive to feedback. I didn't see any hate in any of the replies.

eckoner said:

Here's how I look at it... Creating a video piece is a type of art. From the actual flying to framing the appropriate shots, the music, the editing, and any visual effects.

Everybody has an opinion about art and they are entitled to their opinion. In the end, some will like it and others won't- it doesn't matter to me because the real joy comes in creating the art in the first place.

JoeC said:
eckoner said:

Here's how I look at it... Creating a video piece is a type of art. From the actual flying to framing the appropriate shots, the music, the editing, and any visual effects.

Everybody has an opinion about art and they are entitled to their opinion. In the end, some will like it and others won't- it doesn't matter to me because the real joy comes in creating the art in the first place.

Exactly ! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers