I fixed the tilted horizon for a dime.

I had the same issue. There is a gimbal adjustment in the settings. You can adjust in small increments. Works fine for me. Not in front of the go app right now but I think its general settings, there is a gimbal icon tap that then there is a gimbal adjustment option.

Reactions: Droneted
Thanks for your quick replies: if you mean the "adjust gimbal roll" option...well, it works but only for a few minutes, then the horizon comes back tilted.
I tried every kind of calibration: IMU cold one, IMU calibration North oriented, IMU cal -> gimbal cal -> compass cal... I really tried everything... :( so SAD...

Attachments

• Schermata 2016-11-08 alle 22.49.10.jpg
    Schermata 2016-11-08 alle 22.49.10.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 253
Out of curiosity I taped a dime to the back of my P3A camera. However I'm a bit scared to turn it on as the dime, not surprisingly, seems to seriously throw off the natural balance of the camera. I'm worried this potential fix could overload and/or put too much stress on the gimbal motors...
Weigh an ND Filter, then the dime. I seriously doubt it would overload IMO. Seems a counter-balance would help more than hurt.

More mass requires more force requires more energy to move, stop, and maintain position.

More mass requires more force requires more energy to move, stop, and maintain position.
I see your point. Seems at least the added weight of the ND filters would be taken in consideration in the design of the gimbal at DJI. Wonder if they do? If not, then we're all stressing the gimbal motors. That being said, do all ND filters weigh the same? Just my opinion, seems if there is an added weight, a balanced added weight would be less stressful. Just my way of thinking but I do see your point. "Any" added weight = stress.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie