Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

I fixed my tilted gimbal!

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by guesserit, Aug 6, 2015.

1. guesserit

I had a bad tilted gimbal, the kind that requires a gimbal calibration before every flight.

I watched a video on YouTube about the gimbal potentiometer shaft and 10 mins of work later...no more problem!

I think my gimbal was too far tilted to allow proper adjustment, after a quick reset, I'm good as new.

2. Knight Flier

I want to thank you for this. I crashed my P3A into a tree 2 weeks ago and had to replace the shell. The only other issue was the camera being tilted about 30 degrees after doing a gimbal recalibration. I could get it level by adjusting the gimbal roll, but that was a pain to do every time.

My camera is level again, thanks to you. I was about ready to purchase a new camera/gimbal assembly, so you save me $409.

3. guesserit

You're welcome, you can thank me by telling me how you changed the shell as I just received my spare one but feel a little intimidated by the whole process.

4. Knight Flier

I followed the steps in this video:

Took me quite a while to get it separated (both the damaged one and the replacement - why must they ship the replacements snapped together). I just kept taking breaks when I'd get frustrated.

Take your time and keep track of which screws came from where.

#4 Knight Flier, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015