I finally bit the bullet

Re: Hitec X4

tapiot said:
Amazon shows bag of the XT-60 connectors, banana plugs and I'll need three balance r's, correct? I have a 20 amp power supply from my ham days....

Is that it?

You just need the 2x XT60 connectors (get the right gender) and 3x balance boards (get the right type). The X4 already comes with two pairs of banana plugs.

What is the power supply for?

Power supply

The Hitec can be ordered with a built-in power supply or use an external DC power supply. There is a considerable price difference. Figured I could save for more batteries and use the power supply I already have.

eckoner said:
I actually tried flying mine inside my house at first...i was chompin at the bit so much to fly but was affraid to take it outside.

Well first hour or so into it i already had to replace props and had crashed into my TV, Art Work, and The dogs are now terrified of it....lol

as suggested the best thing is to goto a football field, or something with lots of wide open space.

Trust me...if your just planning to do take off and landings...you will be bored before your fist battery runs out. Then your gonna want to take it up...i'd bet it's not the right place for a newbie to do it....so save yourself the grief and just get over to a park or field.

Also your first few times you want great light just in case it goes down you can find it.

Good luck, have fun and be safe

LOL! Yikes!

I'm a newbie and just flew mine few times in my small backyard. Yup, go find a large field! I did alright, but gently hit the fence couple of times and brazed the house window. Phew! And I went verticle and started feeling the weebies as it got higher and higher. Luckily, I managed to fly it correctly and safely back down! Lucky!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31