I don't think this is a good advertisment for the hobby

They have their rights and we have ours. But you guys are not complaining about "drones" you are complaining about cameras. If that makes sense to you carry on.
I'm not complaining about anything. I simply have the ability to see things from other's perspectives.

And to be clear, the complaint that many in the public have is in regards to a camera mounted on a drone.
I think as drone/RC operators (I've flown RC for over a decade) we all know that the complaints and fears are unfounded. I'm talking about what the public fears when they see a camera mounted on a drone that has the ability to hover in place and take HD photos. A camera alone is not generating the fears or complaints. Drones alone are not the cause of the fears. But mount a camera on a drone, and some people see nothing but an invasion of their privacy.
Again, we as drone operators know this is not a threat to anyone's privacy, but at this phase in the evolution of drones, our hobby has the potential of being controlled by public perceptions and opinions.

Reactions: kirk2579
I'm not complaining about anything. I simply have the ability to see things from other's perspectives.

And to be clear, the complaint that many in the public have is in regards to a camera mounted on a drone.
I think as drone/RC operators (I've flown RC for over a decade) we all know that the complaints and fears are unfounded. I'm talking about what the public fears when they see a camera mounted on a drone that has the ability to hover in place and take HD photos. A camera alone is not generating the fears or complaints. Drones alone are not the cause of the fears. But mount a camera on a drone, and some people see nothing but an invasion of their privacy.
Again, we as drone operators know this is not a threat to anyone's privacy, but at this phase in the evolution of drones, our hobby has the potential of being controlled by public perceptions and opinions.
I agree most people are uneducated and don't know what they are talking about. I am not likely to take instruction from people who are wrong. Nor am I going to change my behavior to give them the sense they are right. If someone is wrong they should shut up and let others alone.

Exactly.... The moral of the story is... do it in private if you want it to be private. if you do it in public don't be surprised when someone films it and throws it up on TMZ.

Taking precautions about your own privacy is probably the best action. Just like the peeps in this video. :rolleyes:

Reactions: GoodnNuff

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4