I don't think this is a good advertisment for the hobby

Watch out! He may be peeping thru your window as you read this post! Lol! WOW!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

He hasn't ruined anything for anyone.
Come to think of it, despite 100 threads that said people were ruining it for everyone, IT still isn't ruined.
The youtube guy use a little creative licence and Photoshop to make the cover image for the video.
That's not what his Phantom looks like.

He says his lens has a viewing angle equivalent to a 150mm lens on 35mm.
That's only slightly telephoto range ... more a portrait lens.
It's definitely not suitable for spying.

He hasn't ruined anything for anyone.
Come to think of it, despite 100 threads that said people were ruining it for everyone, IT still isn't ruined.
The youtube guy use a little creative licence and Photoshop to make the cover image for the video.
That's not what his Phantom looks like.

He says his lens has a viewing angle equivalent to a 150mm lens on 35mm.
That's only slightly telephoto range ... more a portrait lens.
It's definitely not suitable for spying.

Thats not the point even though it's fake or not, I'm not talking about the thumbnail, the thing is that he spys on the people in the clip, Imagen if media uses this clip? or someon sees this, you can bet that more people will hate us for flying at a certain location

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnNuff
Thats not the point even though it's fake or not, I'm not talking about the thumbnail, the thing is that he spys on the people in the clip, Imagen if media uses this clip? or someon sees this, you can bet that more people will hate us for flying at a certain location
Do you and everyone hate the United States because they've been spying with drones for many years???

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi plasrobin

Sorry mate I get where you are coming from with this, however privacy laws already exist 'yes', I just don't see how this ruins it for everyone.
Do long range (I mean Very long range 1 mile plus ) telephoto lenses ruin it for photographers, especially the paparazzi, you cant please all the people all of the time, in a free country.... :)
Waylander

I've seen this video before but don't quite understand how this is construed as ruining the hobby? It is the nature of hobbyists to innovate & modify. The first time a hobbyist took the initiative to strap a camera to an RC, long before you could buy them off-the-shelf, people mentioned this was ruining the hobby. Longer lenses/zoom will eventually become commonplace just as it is on your cell phone.

anyone seen this yet? check this guy out, i don't think this is good advertisement for the hobbie

Reactions: stulpin300m
everyone seem to be stuck on the word 'ruin' for everyone, i merely wanted to share a youtube clip that i found , don't you guys get that when a ignorant person who nows nothing about the hobbie will think we're all about spying on people ect? I mean i dont think this would help for us who use this for good purposes

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I think many focused on the term "ruin" because of the title of the thread which states, "How to ruin it for everyone..." That's sort of the gist of the thread due to the title. :) Personally I don't think a zoom lens ruins this hobby anymore than a telephoto lens ruins the hobby of photography. Do people who know nothing about photography immediately think a guy with a long lens is out to spy on them?

everyone seem to be stuck on the word 'ruin' for everyone, i merely wanted to share a youtube clip that i found , don't you guys get that when a ignorant person who nows nothing about the hobbie will think we're all about spying on people ect? I mean i dont think this would help for us who use this for good purposes

well i wish i could change the title but I can't, to others people who would comment on the ruin word, don't focus on that so much

why would you ask such a question?
Because u assume because the guy wants closer and clearer images that he's a stalker/spy. He wants nice clear video doesn't make him a spy. The government drone will zoom right in to your window but your not complaining about that and how there's cameras on every store and street corners and highways. Unfortunately there is no privacy anymore but that guy is not the reason.

Ya because he was flying right outside a naked ladies window lol[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I
Because u assume because the guy wants closer and clearer images that he's a stalker/spy. He wants nice clear video doesn't make him a spy. The government drone will zoom right in to your window but your not complaining about that and how there's cameras on every store and street corners and highways. Unfortunately there is no privacy anymore but that guy is not the reason.

i don't assume nothing, it's the guy that pointed out let's follow him and acts like that.

anyway sorry to have bothered you guys with this

Reactions: stulpin300m
Spoil it for everyone why? People who follow the media hype or paranoia prolliferated by certain social media personalities assume the phantom 3 can read a newspaper from 1000 ft up. This bloke filmed his neighbour (i think it was, its been a while since i watched the clip). He is an enthusiast who performed a mod to his drone and wanted to show it off. He wasnt filming anyone in a situation where they night have a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Besides violating drone regulations (flying above people and urban areas) I think the guy is violating some basic privacy and decency rules.
So I agree with you Robin, this doesn't help our case :mad:

Here is another example that is not a very good advertisement either ;):
At the end he gets into an argue with the man that threw a sandal at him. He continued his fight at youtube.

You're losing me here. Granted I skimmed through the video, but the guy is flying & stumbles across a guy laying out naked. How is this a bad vibe on the hobby? If you choose to lay around naked where people are in close proximity who made that choice? The pilot was nicer than me I'll say that.

Here is another example that is not a very good advertisement either ;):
At the end he gets into an argue with the man that threw a sandal at him. He continued his fight at youtube.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj