I dont think i need the pro?

Its my old-guy birthday today, and I think Im going to order a P3
I don't think I need the pro...and being not that technical, I usually don't uyse some of the advance features.....

Also, without endorsing any sellers....does it make any difference where you buy from?
Best Buy real close to my house has both pro and advanced in-stock.
No bundles or packages, just the basic boxed models

mike

Sounds like advanced will be enough for you..

The price difference is negligible (when compared to the standard) but the technology in the advanced is superior

I have a bunch of expensive lipo chargers and I can easily build a harness for the phantom 3 batteries and charge with my other chargers but I'll play it safe for now. I don't want to risk any damage so the phantom 3 battery BMS.

You'll be playing it safe for a while as I'm not sure this is true RV? The P3 charger is just a power supply. The charging circuitry is in the battery. Your other expensive Lipo chargers that have software based charging algorithms will error out when they conflict with the batteries software. If you hooked your built harness to a 17.4v power supply, it would charge the battery(ies).

SD

If you are a professional photographer or keen interest in photography, go for P3P else P3A should suffice.
Photographers will not notice any difference at all and may as well get the Advanced and extra batteries..
The only real difference is for video and 1080p is fine for most people, 2.7K & 4K are both more than most people need for video.
Isn't there a bit rate difference?. People complained the resolution wasn't good through the optional HDMI port with the advanced model
Although much discussed on forums, the bit rate difference is only an issue if you use goggles or some other HDMI out feature. For most users this makes no difference

All up the Advanced is a great drone and more than most users would ever require.
Unless you know that you absolutely have to have 4K video or you are someone that is only satisfied with paying for the most expensive variant, the Advanced is the way to go.

Isn't there a bit rate difference?. People complained the resolution wasn't good through the optional HDMI port with the advanced model

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

That I am not sure of...to the best of my knowledge these share pretty much all identical components minus the camera and charger...

However, I would assume the bit rate would be a bit slower since the camera doesn't shoot as high of a resolution as the Pro and therefore won't need to transfer it as fast, and then obviously the resolution isn't as good since 4K > 2.7K for pixels. Just my guess, not confirmed, but a DJI rep could probably better answer this question.

If you aren't sure you need 4k you probably don't need 4k. Bang for your buck the advanced is a better deal.

I'm still have ng problems with bit rate on P3A and DJI ha sent helped so far, I'm getting 20 Mbps to the card on 2.7k not even close to the posted value of 40. I'm not the only one

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj