I don't know if the Phantom 3 is good.....

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been wanting to get a phantom 3 standard. I've seen many videos and reviews saying that it is a great drone to fly, but I've also heard of malfunctions which have destroyed the phantom. I don't have experience flying drones but I have flown many small helicopters and planes. I'm just very concerned with the gps malfunctioning or the drone not listening to my stick commands.

Should I still get the phantom 3 standard?
And are there any ways to override a malfunction; does anyone know if switching to ATTI mode override a fly away or malfunction?

EDIT: Does anyone happen to know if I can use a OnePlus 2 phone for the DJI Go app, it uses a version of android and has a usb type-c connector.

EDIT: Considering I crash, would it help if i bought from DJI or Amazon

Last edited:
Hey guys, I've been wanting to get a phantom 3 standard. I've seen many videos and reviews saying that it is a great drone to fly, but I've also heard of malfunctions which have destroyed the phantom. I don't have experience flying drones but I have flown many small helicopters and planes. I'm just very concerned with the gps malfunctioning or the drone not listening to my stick commands. Should I still get the phantom 3 standard? And are there any ways to override a malfunction; does anyone know if switching to ATTI mode override a fly away or malfunction?
Even if you do have a malfunction, DJI will replace the drone if you didn't cause the crash. DW; I have had my P3S since November and fly at least 1-2 times per week with not so much as a broken prop.

Reactions: Phantomix
Even if you do have a malfunction, DJI will replace the drone if you didn't cause the crash. DW; I have had my P3S since November and fly at least 1-2 times per week with not so much as a broken prop.
I heard that DJI takes a long time to respond and doesn't really care.

If you can fly single rotor. You will find the P3 easy. Just take slow steps. Stay tuned to the forum and learn from other peoples mistakes.

There are lots of instructional videos.

I also have single rotor experience and got the P3a in Feb this year. No accidents yet. 72 flights.

fly mine 4 to 5 times a week never had a problem 1 its a great bird most problems you hear about are pilot eras not the bird

Reactions: mrcrane2u
Can you give me a number on how far your signal gets before it dies for the Phantom 3 standard.

2400 to 2800 feet

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj