I didn't believe it either!

Buckaye said:
The Editor said:
Also......

I assume this is not a 'Mechanical Breakdown' type cover and therefore 'Wear and Tear and mechanical/electrical failure will be excluded? I also assume that this is not a theft policy?

Add to that the fact that pilot error is excluded and you have the perfect 'Get out of everything clause'

Caveat Emptor !!!

Yeah... as it appears a great deal of people seem to indicate - I have probably been taken. I guess I am a guy who likes taking on these kind of fights - and in the long run - if I win... that's great! If I lose - it's $70.00

It's certainly not a theft policy - but I have theft coverage in my homeowners policy - so don't care :)
Mechanical issues are called out - only insomuch as to say normal preventative maintenance as required by the manufacturer needs to be followed.

Here are the things I believe I have going for me

1. I am a guy who likes these kind of fights - in the end, I wouldn't be in this hobby if I couldn't afford a loss... but that doesn't mean I won't try to mitigate it.
2. As I mentioned before - I have a legal insurance through my employment that allows me to put a lawyer in touch with them at no charge. I have several lawyers in my family who are constantly telling me that often a letter for a Lawyer is all it takes to make people drop an argument, because it doesn't make financial sense to fight
3. My experience with Amazon is that they bend over BACKWARDS for their customers. Since I specifically have one of their reps telling me that the product would cover my purchase (in writing)... I imagine Amazon would try to make it right. I have always been impressed with how far Amazon goes to keep customers happy - even in situations where I feel like I'd understand them not being particularly helpful... they have usually done something.

Going in - eyes wide open... maybe a dope... but I will give it a try if crash in an expensive way :)

I think you are making the right choice. I think part of the process is that by buying the "drop and spill" warranty, you won't need it. If you didn't have it you would need it. Ok, I understand that is magic.

Again, there are folks who speak very knowledgeable about this warranty being a rip off, but I do not see any posts from a person who actually was refused to have his warranty honored. I think that we are a bit of a verbose society and if we are unhappy with something we do let others know. I would have expected folks to be complaining at this point if they were not happy.

I would love to see the treads mentioned above, where people had an issue and it was not resolved. The reason I started the first thread on this subject was because I read about a person who had a crash and it was replaced without any problem by the warranty people. It was posted in a thread on a different subject and I could never find it again.

I am sure ALL of us would want a warranty like this. Or not?

Wedeliver said:
I think you are making the right choice. I think part of the process is that by buying the "drop and spill" warranty, you won't need it. If you didn't have it you would need it. Ok, I understand that is magic.

Again, there are folks who speak very knowledgeable about this warranty being a rip off, but I do not see any posts from a person who actually was refused to have his warranty honored. I think that we are a bit of a verbose society and if we are unhappy with something we do let others know. I would have expected folks to be complaining at this point if they were not happy.

I would love to see the treads mentioned above, where people had an issue and it was not resolved. The reason I started the first thread on this subject was because I read about a person who had a crash and it was replaced without any problem by the warranty people. It was posted in a thread on a different subject and I could never find it again.

I am sure ALL of us would want a warranty like this. Or not?

Yeah - I am at peace with my decision. I will say that as I registered the warranty, I was able to select the DJI Phantom with Zenmuse Gimbal from the drop-down. Not suggesting that means anything other than I am not the first person to register the product.

I actually get all the cynical commentary. I don't think people are saying they think it's a ripoff to be jerks, I think they are trying to help. I very rarely get warranties on anything because I weigh the chance of needing it against the price of the item (like why would I give Best Buy $30.00 to cover a $150.00 item that has a one year manufacturers warranty anyway).

I also have been wondering why there haven't been more complaints directly related to the Phantom if they haven't been paying out. I did read rip-off report about the company in general - but I would say 1/2 of those people were expecting a bit much (according to their own descriptions of events). I did see one guy who said they (not sure if it was the same company) would not cover the Phantom because it is not technically a video camera... However, if that were the case for this company, I would argue "why did you let me register the product at all?" I did not have to type in the name of the product - it was in the drop down.

well see... I'll keep you all posted if I ever need to try to use it.

Buckaye

Please don't take this wrong,, but I hope you have a problem,, Just to see if the warranty pans out,, You will obviously give us the straight up whether good or bad results,

If it does work out I will probably use it,, If it does not I won't bother..

Good luck

djl

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31