I did it! [ordered a P3A bundle]

Reaction score
Purchased the advance bundle today from Drones, etc. Looking forward to getting in the air. What advice, procedures, or general knowledge do I really need to know before going up the first time? I don't want to screw this up, at all. I have read and watched all the online material, but, I believe some of you know what the basic things to look at and watch for are before trying to fly. Any help and direction would be greatly appreciated.

[Moderator edit: title changed to reflect subject]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jlo
Last edited:
rtfm_logo_mao_zpshv1yn03l.png

Read the manual, root the bin, don't CSC in the air, watch out for old people with steak knives, and have fun flying. ;)

start out in the middle of a field away from trees and buildings and keep it in beginners mode and go gently until you build your confidence up, but read the manual FIRST

Good luck with that, I ordered a battery May 30th, and emailed them yesterday to see what's going on. And they are waiting on DJI, so they don't know how long. Hopefully the bundle moves faster, but just to give you an idea, guess you'll have a month to study, my opinion would be to cancel advance and get the pro, the 4k is way better also would look way better to downgrade 4k to 1080p rather than record in 1080p. Also seen a video where phantom 3 pro and advance both record in 1080p, but when zoom in on advance its blurry, but pro is still clear. You'll will be much happier after you get and see what it can do.

Let me correct myself, they both weren't recording in 1080p, one was 4k and one was 1080p, but still, this should make you change your mind.

Hi Greenskeeper!
Welcome aboard DJI airlines. please keep your trays and seatbacks in the upright position during takeoff and landing.
Here's a link to a site that has a lot of very useful information on just about every aspect of owning, flying, and maintaining your P3.
http://www.p3groundschool.com/home
It even has a series of practice drills to sharpen your flight skills.
Good to have you here!

Step 1: Don't be a *******.
Step 2: Read the manual (looks like you have)
Step 3: Don't be a *******.

I kinda feel like Navin Johnson in the movie, The Jerk. Read the manual, root the bin, stay away from trees, watch out for old people and don't be a *******. I think I got it. See you guys in the air.

Hi. I agree with the above. Open field, take things slowly.
1. Get the phantom in the air, not too high to start
2. Go easy on the sticks, forwards and backward, left and right
3 Try some yaw, and fly nose back to you
4 Don't get too confident too quick, this may result in a lot of bad language and despair

In a large open space nothing can go wrong. Remember to land on a nice unobstructed level surface

Enjoy and fly

Practice crashing while using your ex-girlfriend's drone so you'll know what to expect...

(....just kidding...)

Email just came in, order shipped with the hardcase but not the batteries yet. Oh, I also bought
the "accidental death" insurance policy, just in case.

Along with what everyone else has already mentioned, you also want to make sure to break in your batteries. Drain them down to 50% for the first 10 flights and monitor the battery info page while flying to ensure the cells stay balanced. This will maximize their life expectancy and also prevent any premature damage to LiPo's performance/capacity.

Last edited:
I just got mine today. I have been reading up for about 2 weeks, going through you tube, reading a lot in this forum. Follow the directions and you will be fine. I was nervous but my first flight went great. I did the updates that were required and everything was fine. I took it really easy. I didn't fly too far away and I only went up to about 124 feet as my max altitude. It was a blast and I look forward to doing more flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4