Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. JWarren

Saying I was problem free. I noticed today in one of my videos the dreaded TILTED HORIZON!!!. It was so bad I took the bird outside right away to fly it and the horizon was ok, but boy it was certainly present in my other video. Looks like this has been a problem for over a year. So, return it or live with it? I have a feeling if I return it I'll still have the same problem.

2. Dirty Bird

All the way back to the Vision+ there were times where there was an issue with tilted horizons. Usually not very much just a couple degrees. With my P3's & P4 it's the same thing. Sometimes I have a degree or two of tilt. If I slowly do a complete rotation I will see the tilt go from one side to level to the other side. The IMUs & gimbals were calibrated level but it just seems to be off by a slight margin so I've just learned to live with it & barely notice.

KevMo Photog likes this.
  3. JWarren

Its bugging me so bad I just took it outside again in 35 mph winds. Straight and level. I actually think the wind helped keep it level, no joke.

4. 30secs

I had the same issue with all my p3s and my p4s. Annoying especially since I fly at the beach a lot and the tilt is very blatant

5. JWarren

Just finished a flight in zero wind and as Bird said it was off, once in awhile, a degree or two but not enough to bother. Still, you'd think DJI would have a fix by now. I did a flight in very high winds over the second largest canyon in the USA last night and I'll post the video later. Quite cool if I do say so myself. Thanks guys

6. Fourblade

If you press the C2 button (on the back) and roll the top right thumbwheel - each thumbwheel notch adjusts the horizon by a tiny bit - it can help a lot if you need to adjust the horizon on the fly and you can't wait for it to autolevel..

Technodynamic and snowghost like this.
  7. 30secs

Wait, what? Can you please explain that? Does this tie to the assigned c2 action or will it work regardless? And which wheel, the exposure?

Is this documented anywhere?

8. David Cooke

Yes you can assign C2 to gimbal tilt . .look at the choices where you assign those C1 C2 in the menus

9. 30secs

OK, and then you use the right or left thumbwheel?

10. David Cooke

I think if you can assign C2 then RIGHT wheel to adjust

11. alokbhargava

I suggest, learn to correct large offsets and live with the smaller ones. Adjust roll if needed but enjoy your flying camera.

JWarren likes this.
  12. Wibble

Can you do this on the P3 as well?