I crashed!

Reaction score
I could not see that well and got too close to a tree.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

it appears that I got really lucky and all it did was burn the tops off the props when it landed upside down with them spinning.

I actually took it right back up with the same props and it seems fine... but I am still going to use an older set of props that I stopped using because I was not sure if I had stepped on them and maybe bent them.

I already have a new set of props ordered,.

I think you have found out the same hard lesson I have. FPV flying is a little harder than it looks. I'm a little bull headed I keep trying and my Phantom keeps telling me NO. We're going to see who wins. I do fantastic with way point autonomous flying. Take if start videoing and drink coffee till she comes back. Love this game.... I think I'll try flying backwards tomorrow. Couldn't fly with follow me yesterday. Had 8 satellites but app said it couldn't get satellite lock. Hmmm.

I think you have found out the same hard lesson I have. FPV flying is a little harder than it looks. I'm a little bull headed I keep trying and my Phantom keeps telling me NO. We're going to see who wins. I do fantastic with way point autonomous flying. Take if start videoing and drink coffee till she comes back. Love this game.... I think I'll try flying backwards tomorrow. Couldn't fly with follow me yesterday. Had 8 satellites but app said it couldn't get satellite lock. Hmmm.
you have groundstation for your P3?

yes, DJI problem, I roll back Google services and turn off Device manager, this tablet is a battery hog to start with, I have stripped it of all junk that you can.

Screenshot_2015-06-28-10-59-44.png

yes, DJI problem, I roll back Google services and turn off Device manager, this tablet is a battery hog to start with, I have stripped it of all junk that you can.

That works for the DJI Pilot app, but the Litchi app wanted me to update my previously rolled-back Google Play Services every time I opened the app, so I did. Do you not get, or otherwise ignore that error?

I installed a custom rom which removed most of the bloat.

FPV low flying for me is a prob at times but get the bird right up high and what is there to hit

Interesting. I only see Litchi for P2. Is that the version you are using on a P3 or do you have a pre-release? Is it intended to augment DJI Pilot or be used instead of? What are the risks?

I would also be careful of flying FPV that low as anyone or anything could reach that heigh and then you'd have a claim on your hands.

Glad the Phantom 3 survived though!

Reactions: snowghost
I would also be careful of flying FPV that low as anyone or anything could reach that heigh and then you'd have a claim on your hands.

Glad the Phantom 3 survived though!

it was for work, they asked me to record the approach up to the clubhouse. but you are right, i did have to stop and go higher for cars a couple times.

I would like to add to the discussion, that if you had prop guards, it probably would not have made any difference. Leaves and limbs can still catch he props from above. At least that was my experience on the near crash.

No I can attest to the Prop guards. I have them and I was messing with my wife one day by flying over the house and sitting outsider her window in her office and then as I was trying to move away from the window I had some lag, ARRRGGGHHH, I hate lag, and by the time the video resolved, I was hitting a small juniper tree. Same thing happened, the blades hit the branches, it fell about 10-15 ft to the ground, I immediately hit the sticks down to power off and ran to the backyard. To my surprise and delight, all was well. No issues at all other than the prop guards were toast. Guess they did their job. I cleaned the grass and juniper stains off the blades and made sure all was well, and flew it a couple minutes later to make sure all was ok, and it was. Been flying since without issues.

Other than the darn video lag due to overheating of iPad from what I've learned. I did bounce off the window though using the prop guards. That worked beautifully. So if you were flying indoors or around tight spaces. Then I would highly suggest them. The P3P just bounced right off and kept going. Didn't phase it a bit. I'm sure if you hit it very hard, that would be a different story. But I was hovering near the window and it bounced off the window without issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik