I crashed my Phantom 3 DJI Advanced. Help?

Reaction score
So, I crashed it into my garage door because I wasn't being smart or wise. Anyway, it seems to run fine. What I was wondering is there anyway to run diagnostics on the Phantom to look for errors? I was not paying too much attention to how it performed until I crashed it, but it does seem like it doesn't hover in the same spot so well. At least indoors. I haven't really taken it far ever since I crashed it. Might the hovering issue be something to do with the props? I ordered the new Carbon Fiber ones along with a new set of guards. They will be here tomorrow.

A few thoughts:

- If your props are damaged in any way, that could have an impact on the stability. Be careful flying with damaged props -- they could have damaged hubs too.

- Try new props and see if it makes a difference. I don't recommend using 3rd party props if that's what you mean by carbon fiber props. If they are DJI carbon fiber reinforced props, then they are okay to use.

- Turn off VPS. That can cause an unstable hover depending on the surface you're flying over.

- Be careful flying indoors. It's easy to crash inside -- unless you're referring to flying in a gymnasium.

i-9dGHrK3-L.png

Thank you. The props are just slightly damaged though, but that still could be impacting my stability on hovering? I'm just afraid that I hurt it somewhere other than the props.

You'll have a better idea after you install your new props, disable VPS, and fly outdoors. Until then, anything is suspect.

Inches.. feet?

That doesn't sound too bad. Can you post a video?

Thank you. The props are just slightly damaged though, but that still could be impacting my stability on hovering? I'm just afraid that I hurt it somewhere other than the props.

replace the props,
they are spinning at high rpm and completely control flight,
unbalanced props equals flaky flights

good luck and have fun flying!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20