I crashed my P2 today

Reaction score
I was flying my P2 back to my villa while walking behind it, decided I would try to fly it between two bushes and over the gate. "Try" was the key word. I hit one of the branches causing the P2 to flip upside-down. That made the drone fly into the ground. But... that wasn't the end of it. Once it hit the ground it continues to "fly", skipping along the ground until it hit a wall and I was finally able to stop the motors.

Damage:

Zenmuse H4-3D gimbal had one of the attachment legs snapped free of the base.

Repairs:

I used a new product I just found called "Bondic" that bills itself as a plastic welder. I had the gimbal fixed in about 10 minutes. Most of that time was taking it off the P2 and then putting it back on the P2. The actual repair took less than a minute!!

View media item 1107View media item 1104View media item 1103

Don't have permission for pics...?

Reactions: 750r
We need permission to view o_O

Sorry about the permissions thing... I'm new to the forum... how do I grant permission?

Sorry about the permissions thing... I'm new to the forum... how do I grant permission?

You do not need permission to post photos as you can just upload them from your computer file using the upload a file button next to the post reply button.

Since you've put everything back together you will need to do an advanced IMU calibration. Connect you P2 to it's software and go to tools and do not do a basic cali or status check just go into the advanced tab for the cali and it has to be done on a level surface.

Since you've put everything back together you will need to do an advanced IMU calibration. Connect you P2 to it's software and go to tools and do not do a basic cali or status check just go into the advanced tab for the cali and it has to be done on a level surface.

Thanks for that info! I didn't consider needing to re-calibrate. I'll make sure I do that before I fly it again :D

Broken gimbal 01.jpg
Broken gimbal 02.jpg

Here are the photos that no one can see because of permissions problems

Been there done that but I used JB Weld which is a two part cement until the replacement came in.DJI Damping Unit Upper Bracket for Zenmuse H4-3D CP.PT.000153

Thanks for that link!! I ordered a new part and the dampners and plastic posts.

I used a product that claims to be a "Plastic Welder". I saw it online at www.itsnotaglue.com
I was able to repair the damage in under a minute with that product!
I will charge my battery, re-cali the gimbal, and test fly it tomorrow

Thanks for that link!! I ordered a new part and the dampners and plastic posts.

I used a product that claims to be a "Plastic Welder". I saw it online at www.itsnotaglue.com
I was able to repair the damage in under a minute with that product!
I will charge my battery, re-cali the gimbal, and test fly it tomorrow

You really need to recalibrate the IMU. The gimbal calibrates every time you turn on the P2.

Have you noticed how much clearance you have under the gimbal/camera or I should have said how much clearance you do not have. You can either put on longer landing gear or snap on extensions which I use because longer gear will not fit in my hard case.

DJI Phantom 2, Vision, Vision + Snap-on 30 MM Riser for landing gear.

IMG_2069.jpg
IMG_9150.jpg
IMG_9151.jpg

I finally had decent weather and time to test fly my P2 after repairing the crash damage and re-cali the IMU. It flew great :)!!

Here's a photo of the repair:

Gimbal platform damage.jpg

Here is a youtube video of me repairing the damage

This repair was done on 12 Feb 2016 and the P2 has flown twice since then with no problems!

Hello, my phantom2 fall down and gimbal h33d was damaged. I wanna know, if i buy h43d without gcu (because i have gcu for h3) if it works. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj