I crashed my bird into the ECB, **** happens ... :-)

Beautiful videos in this thread. I just went out in recorded some video around Scottsdale but I can't shoot worth a ****. That OP video will end up on TV and be used as propaganda against all of us.

That OP video will end up on TV and be used as propaganda against all of us.

Is this really a good idea posting a video like this? The media would have a field day!!!

I always cringe when I see video like this.

Delete this video as soon as possible man. For all our sake

I've got to agree, I don't wanna wade in with the cause, stupidity or tech failure but please remove the video. Highlighting what can happen when things go wrong (and the fact it was pure luck nothing was damaged and no-one was hurt) is not a great idea when the hobby is under pressure as it is.

Post some beautiful videos of what happens when it goes right instead.

PS, sorry for the loss, whatever the cause that sucks

I've got to agree, I don't wanna wade in with the cause, stupidity or tech failure but please remove the video. Highlighting what can happen when things go wrong (and the fact it was pure luck nothing was damaged and no-one was hurt) is not a great idea when the hobby is under pressure as it is.

Post some beautiful videos of what happens when it goes right instead.

PS, sorry for the loss, whatever the cause that sucks

I have to agree and I would not have posted it had it been me flying the bird.
Not that I have never flown where I wasn't supposed to, but I just wouldn't advertise it especially if the thing crashed.

Nope ... I wasn't on the other side of the building ... I was all the time in direct sight line to the bird. But I am used to fly with "dynamic home Point" enabled. For some reason this was disabled this time. So the bird was not coming back to me. It was heading to the original starting point.
lessons learned ... check your settings ... preflight check ...
Something went terrible wrong. The drone lost signal and started to RTH.
Unfortunately the dynamic home point feature was disabled.

What went terribly wrong was that you don't understand how to operate your Phantom.
"Dynamic" home point on the P3 is not really dynamic - it doesn't continue to update the home point as you move but simply resets home point wherever you are when you set it.
You could have confirmed this if you looked at the app to see where home was.
You should have experimented in a safe area before depending on features you didn't understand particularly in a location like that with a high potential for things to go wrong if there is a problem.
Your Phantom operated exactly as it was designed to.
It lost signal and initiated RTH with RTH height not set to clear obstacles..
The big problem was operator error.

What went terribly wrong was that you don't understand how to operate your Phantom.
"Dynamic" home point on the P3 is not really dynamic - it doesn't continue to update the home point as you move but simply resets home point wherever you are when you set it.
You should have experimented in a safe area before depending on features you didn't understand.
It lost signal and initiated RTH.
Operator error indeed!
TheFlyingSentinel also did not have the RTH Altitude set-- needs to be higher than the building-- RTH would ascend to the RTH altitude and return missing the building assuming the maximum altitude was not in play.

Guys ... you dont need to tell me what I did wrong ... I told you the Problem was that DHP was disabled, I just missed this ... Human Error yes ... I know ... I never claimed that there was aa technical problem !

I have about 400 flights and more then 800 km flight distance in total ... I know how it works ... thanks !

Neverthenless you guys sucks ... All I wanted to do is to share these spectacular video with you guys. It is still a nice footage.

I made the YouTube Video private, now. But not for all the stupid reasons you mentioned. Just to stop these crasy thread here ...

THX

Last edited:

You should have experimented in a safe area before depending on features you didn't understand particularly in a location like that with a high potential for things to go wrong if there is a problem.
It lost signal and initiated RTH with RTH height not set to clear obstacles..

Dude ... again ... I know how it works ... used it plenty of times. Just forgot to cross check this time ... My Misstake, I never told it a technical Problem ...

But thanks for the clear explaination of Topics I already know ... are you doing mistakes ?

Guys ... you dont need to tell me what I did wrong ... I told you the Problem was that DHP was disabled, I just missed this ... Human Error yes ... I know ... I never claimed that there was aa technical problem !

I have about 400 flights and more then 800 km flight distance in total ... I know how it works ... thanks !

Neverthenless you guys sucks ... All I wanted to do is to share these spectacular video with you guys. It is still a nice footage.

I made the YouTube Video private, now. But not for all the stupid reasons you mentioned. Just to stop these crasy thread here ...

THX

Corrected.

Last edited:

THX

If it's about the spectacular footage of the building, the video could be cut before the crash. That is an amazing building and amazing footage, but I agree with the others that it would be beneficial to all of us for crashes like that to remain off the radar as much as possible. Thankfully everyone is safe and hopefully the phantom didn't damage the glass.

Dude ... again ... I know how it works ... used it plenty of times. Just forgot to cross check this time ... My Misstake, I never told it a technical Problem ...
But thanks for the clear explaination of Topics I already know ... are you doing mistakes ?
What kind of comments do you expect to get when you put up a video of a monumental mistake causing a crash in a location you probably shouldn't have been flying?

Reactions: JoeyJoe
Hi ...

I have my Phantoms (1x Phantom and 1x Phantom 2 Vision) since almost 1 year ... Looking into the battery discharge counter I did more then 110 flights in that time ...

No issues at all ... because:

- I read the Manual and the Release Notes
- I inspect my devices with a short prefight check
- I ensure all the time that I have my Switches set correctly before I start
- I am Patient with the device and wait for the GPS lock all the time
- I am not doing (sorry) stuiped Range and Altitude tests

If you follow These simple rules you will be a happy chap ...

Lol, need to edit this now

Reactions: Wacker2611
Sorry for your P3 loss. I lost mine to a hawk last week. Here a link to my video.
Go to 1:50 for the good stuff.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

that is totally cool. That in itself is worth $1300 bucks.

As I know no app which will continue to do the autonomous flight when the signal is lost I guess it would not change anything in result ... All apps I know are returning home in that cases ...
Not true. Some will, in fact, complete their mission, even if signal is lost during the preloaded mission. It's one of their major advantages. Somehow, they must be overriding the default RTH setting, which can be set to Hover in Place in DJI GO, with a "carry on" command!

Side note: you do know that dynamic home point does not change on its own, right?

Auto RTH lost with new features? | DJI Phantom Forum
Actually, dynamic home point DOES change on its own. The P3P, however does not offer dynamic home point, unlike the P2. It only offers manual static home point updating, which I have repeatedly tried to clarify, but everyone keeps mistakenly still calling it dynamic home point, which it is not!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Evel_Knievel
Not true. Some will, in fact, complete their mission, even if signal is lost during the preloaded mission. It's one of their major advantages. Somehow, they must be overriding the default RTH setting, which can be set to Hover in Place in DJI GO, with a "carry on" command!

I beta tested AirNest and it will continue mission when signal is lost. Almost sh** my pants when I lost signal for 2 minutes though!!

Reactions: Ben Brautigam

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers