I crashed:( and now have problem ith gimble, help apreciated.

Don't call. Walk in the apple store with the quad and everything in the box

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
or buy another one and put the damage one in box and returned it say it was defective . Lol I do that sometimes lol the only thing is that this product is so **** expensive but worth the try

Reactions: Stealthmatt
flpholt does have an interesting point. Use the extra $$ and buy the DJI care package, Then wait about a week or so and then send it in. It might just turn out to be less than the repair would be with out it.

That's called insurance fraud. The OP seems like a class guy; so the idea you suggest probably never even came to his mind. I wouldn't even waist (sp, joke) my time giving him such advice. He's better off buying junk food with that money; at least he'll gain it back in his waste.

Reactions: fcat and Sim597
or buy another one and put the damage one in box and returned it say it was defective . Lol I do that sometimes lol the only thing is that this product is so **** expensive but worth the try

That's exactly what I would do if I couldn't return it.

To the original poster: just take it back to Apple and say it's defective th gimbal shakes. They will exchange it no questions asked. It will then be sent to DJI with all the other defective P4 and then fixed, repackaged, refurbished and put back on a shelf for someone else.

It's not really costing apple or DJI anything, these drones probably only cost $500 to make.

I know it's not the "right" thing to do, but it is a lot of money and if DJI had better service and quality control this would be a lot easier.

If Apple won't accept it, buy another P4 and then swap it out (make sure you return the second "new" box as it has a serial number on the box which they may check. But they won't check on the shell/p4 itself. Just say it doesn't reach the range or the flight battery time and by law they have to take it back because it's not fit for the purpose it was bought for.

No one got rich being honest!

I was asking that was all, didn't say they should!
Yes you can. Say it just did that on its own and don't let the people that are making you feel bad about it succeed. I'm sure you pay plenty to Apple and last time I checked they are doing just fine.

If they want to do it and you can, do. People are so righteous and tough behind phones and keyboards.

If you can save $1400, always do it, unless you are hurting someone else and save the "they are hurting us because the Phantoms cost more because of people that do that" for someone else. :)

Sorry you had a crash dude. That post regarding buying something cheaper was an insult.
Isnt the DJI Phantom 4 supossed to be a drone anyone can fly?
only if they don't crash..and they all do.

That's exactly what I would do if I couldn't return it.

To the original poster: just take it back to Apple and say it's defective th gimbal shakes. They will exchange it no questions asked. It will then be sent to DJI with all the other defective P4 and then fixed, repackaged, refurbished and put back on a shelf for someone else.

It's not really costing apple or DJI anything, these drones probably only cost $500 to make.

I know it's not the "right" thing to do, but it is a lot of money and if DJI had better service and quality control this would be a lot easier.

If Apple won't accept it, buy another P4 and then swap it out (make sure you return the second "new" box as it has a serial number on the box which they may check. But they won't check on the shell/p4 itself. Just say it doesn't reach the range or the flight battery time and by law they have to take it back because it's not fit for the purpose it was bought for.

No one got rich being honest!
Great to see such honest people here. I would never consider doing anything like that. It will come back to bite you, thats one thing thats a certainty.

NOW!, NOW! Fellas! We all start off as newbies in the beginning. And I'm sure we have had our share of accidents in that time.
Some of us know to start off small with trainer drones and move up to what we have now. Some choose to go big from the beginning and will most likely have to spend money for their inexperience. fcat will have to send his aircraft to DJI and just take the hit for the repair. It's just that simple.
OR, he could bring it to Apple and get a BRAND NEW ONE!

If I walked in to the Apple Store here in Cali within the return period and said to the manager, shoot man, I accidently just dropped my Phantom off of my balcony, he would give me a brand new one without blinking.

It is my understanding that Apple Stores treat their customers different from state to state but dude, PM me and even if you're past the date (not like 4 weeks) but a little and I promise you I can get you a brand new one and you won't have to lie. You can tell the truth. No lies needed.

Sorry if I seem in a pissy mood. Certainly there is nothing wrong, maybe even right in owning it and not having Apple return it but if I broke something and I don't have to lie to get what i want for free vs. me spending money, I'll save that money. Better I have it than them. Maybe buy a nice gift for my daughter to balance the universe.

If you haven't returned it yet and you want to, I'll help you.

Reactions: Stealthmatt
OR, he could bring it to Apple and get a BRAND NEW ONE!

If I walked in to the Apple Store here in Cali within the return period and said to the manager, shoot man, I accidently just dropped my Phantom off of my balcony, he would give me a brand new one without blinking.

It is my understanding that Apple Stores treat their customers different from state to state but dude, PM me and even if you're past the date (not like 4 weeks) but a little and I promise you I can get you a brand new one and you won't have to lie. You can tell the truth. No lies needed.

Sorry if I seem in a pissy mood. Certainly there is nothing wrong, maybe even right in owning it and not having Apple return it but if I broke something and I don't have to lie to get what i want for free vs. me spending money, I'll save that money. Better I have it than them. Maybe buy a nice gift for my daughter to balance the universe.

If you haven't returned it yet and you want to, I'll help you.
God,, I wish I knew your name. I would call Apple for sure and get you locked away for stealing.

Reactions: flpholt
God,, I wish I knew your name. I would call Apple for sure and get you locked away for stealing.

Stealing? he didn't mention anything about stealing??

Apple are very good, and always go above and bond for their customers. So I believe him, I was 5 days out and they still swapped mine. I even took the SD card and a set of propellers and they didn't even notice!

So as long as you have most of the items in the case you can probably keep a few for spares... next time ill try taking the battery as a spare :)

Reactions: Jussaguy
I will give you best advice every buy some drone insurance and that way you are covered for any wrecks that happen
I'm going to give you the best advice ever.

Use the button to the right of the space bar or if you are using an iPhone, hit "123" button and then the button just to the upper left of the keyboard.

Drone insurance is only good in a couple of ways. The 399 DJI care is I guess piece of mind but you are already putting yourself at $400 worth of repairs and if you lose it, not sure they will send you another. I think you need to give them something and a lot of crashes to have a returned bird.

The best thing you can do is get an addendum to your renter or home owner insurance (or get some, it's like 200 a year and covers floods and if your TV gets an electric blow out) but usually has a deductible of 250 or 500 but you can get addendums and pay like $50 a year to cover a single item with no deductible and if you can do it, and that's a big "if" because a lot of insurance companies are not wanting to do this anymore (I.e. I did it on one of my P4s and they wouldn't let me by the time I got my second). But on one of them and really it doesn't matter which because they don't take serials and stuff like DJI care. They just need like a picture or a written description.

THATS the way to get insurance for a drone. DJI care is a fair idea but the MAJORITY of places that sell only drone insurance, avoid like the plague. They are known to be fraudulent, half the time not even having underwriting which is what makes insurance work. If they have to pay out with their own money, they won't last or won't pay out.

Do the research. There is one or two places that are only drone related that are good but that's if you own a fleet or a 10k drone.

Just learn how to fly, I agree a toy drone like the Syma ones are a great way to learn. It's great that these wonderful, better than us people are here to tell you how crappy it is to make poor old Apple or poor DJI pay, yet they have no problem making you feel even crappier after crashing your bird.

You do the math.

Last edited:
Stealing? he didn't mention anything about stealing??

Apple are very good, and always go above and bond for their customers. So I believe him, I was 5 days out and they still swapped mine. I even took the SD card and a set of propellers and they didn't even notice!

So as long as you have most of the items in the case you can probably keep a few for spares... next time ill try taking the battery as a spare :)
Its stealing to lie about a product to get a new one. He crashed it. He has to pay for it. If he told them the truth, do you think Apple would give him a new one? Its stealing.

Excuse me???

First of all, what did I steal and whatever you are accusing me of stealing, I'm sure wouldn't rise to the level of felonious and since I didn't steal anything at all because I don't steal, what are you talking about?

I'm going to give you the best advice ever.

Use the button to the right of the space bar or if you are using an iPhone, hit "123" button and then the button just to the upper left of the keyboard.

Drone insurance is only good in a couple of ways. The 399 DJI care is I guess piece of mind but you are already putting yourself at $400 worth of repairs and if you lose it, not sure they will send you another. I think you need to give them something and a lot of crashes to have a returned bird.

The best thing you can do is get an addendum to your renter or home owner insurance (or get some, it's like 200 a year and covers floods and if your TV gets an electric blow out) but usually has a deductible of 250 or 500 but you can get addendums and pay like $50 a year to cover a single item with no deductible and if you can do it, and that's a big "if" because a lot of insurance companies are not wanting to do this anymore (I.e. I did it on one of my P4s and they wouldn't let me by the time I got my second). But on one of them and really it doesn't matter which because they don't take serials and stuff like DJI care. They just need like a picture or a written description.

THATS the way to get insurance for a drone. DJI care is a fair idea but the MAJORITY of places that sell only drone insurance, avoid like the plague. They are known to be fraudulent, half the time not even having underwriting which is what makes insurance work. If they have to pay out with their own money, they won't last or won't pay out.

Do the research. There is one or two places that are only drone related that are good but that's if you own a fleet or a 10k drone.

Just learn how to fly, I agree a toy drone like the Syma ones are a great way to learn. It's great that these wonderful, better than us people are here to tell you how crappy it is to make poor old Apple or poor DJI, yet they have no problem making you feel even crappier after crashing your bird.

You do the math.
'And you said this about other people????lOL//Classic.

A thief that thinks others are thieves...? Classic,
They are known to be fraudulent, half the time not even having underwriting which is what makes insurance work. If they have to pay out with their own money, they won't last or won't pay out.

Excuse me???

First of all, what did I steal and whatever you are accusing me of stealing, I'm sure wouldn't rise to the level of felonious and since I didn't steal anything at all because I don't steal, what are you talking about?
You will lie to get something you are not entitled to.,Thats stealing..and you are stealing from all of us.Our premiums go up and do you think Apple won't pass on the costs because people like you lie and cheat .?

Its stealing to lie about a product to get a new one. He crashed it. He has to pay for it. If he told them the truth, do you think Apple would give him a new one? Its stealing.
I am 100% sure they would and I will give him my number and my name and tell my boy (you know, a friend) that he crashed his drone and he's in the replacement period and he would do it without flinching. You would know that had you read anything I wrote.

By the way, if you lie about something to gain money or things, it's called fraud, theft is the physical act of stealing.

However, I don't commit fraud or steal but I am nice to nice people, therefore I have FRIENDS!!!!

'And you said this about other people????lOL//Classic.

A thief that thinks others are thieves...? Classic,
They are known to be fraudulent, half the time not even having underwriting which is what makes insurance work. If they have to pay out with their own money, they won't last or won't pay out.
Are you reading the words on your screen?

I am 100% sure they would and I will give him my number and my name and tell my boy (you know, a friend) that he crashed his drone and he's in the replacement period and he would do it without flinching. You would know that had you read anything I wrote.

By the way, if you lie about something to gain money or things, it's called fraud, theft is the physical act of stealing.

However, I don't commit fraud or steal but I am nice to nice people, therefore I have FRIENDS!!!!
I crashed my drone. How about sending me your name and number and Ill will tell DJI to give me a new one.

This thread gets interesting by the moment. A battle of wits! LOL!!

You will lie to get something you are not entitled to.,Thats stealing..and you are stealing from all of us.Our premiums go up and do you think Apple won't pass on the costs because people like you lie and cheat .?
I'm gonna say this again. Try to understand it.

I DO NOT NEED TO LIE TO GET A NEW P4 in Cali at two different stores. I can WALK IN AND SAY IT CRASHED and ask him if he would give me another and he would. (Reminder that we are talking about someone else. I've never crashed a drone that wast toy, badly anyway).

Do you know how I know this? Because I JUST bought a brand new iPad Pro. The big one three days ago and my daughter dropped it.

Shattered everywhere. Brought it to him and didn't even need to ask. Not even a repair. He gave me a new one.

Maybe these things don't happen to you because of Karma? Poor big old labor camp, environment destroyer and owner of all the money and pay no taxes multi national multi billion (almost trillion) company but screw you man for exchanging your little toy that they are willing to give you.

This is literally your logic. Ha! Too funny if it wasn't true and about to be followed by about 90% of this board followed by me getting banned.

This thread gets interesting by the moment. A battle of wits! LOL!!
I hate fraudsters and thief and cheats. This loser cant even do it just for himself,. he wants to beignet himself and get others to lie so he can get some satisfaction in his life. The funny thing is these type of people lie their way through life and if they used their deceitful gifts in an honest way, they would maybe succeed and wouldn't need to live on lies. money just rolls in for honest people.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost