I can't get my new FC40 to fly

Reaction score
I just received my new FC40. (http://www.woot.com) I'm new to Phantoms. I believe I've done everything correctly, including setting up the GPS (counterclockwise spinning-etc.) I get that it needs to warm up and such. The copter just blinks a green light every second and a half or so. The remote just beeps twice and I get a green light on the indicator on it-after the yellow and red lights do their thing. As if it links but incorrectly. The green light will flash one time every second or so, but when i move either joystick it will give me two quick green flashes. I've never even gotten a prop to spin yet. I've let the copter sit for 5-10 minutes blinking green to make sure it's warm. I do admit I'm pretty stoked to get flying, but I think I've done everything correctly. What am I doing wrong? Also, the camera won't link to my phone or iPad, I figure that's a problem for a different day-unless the camera is required for flight???

It didn't come with a manual. I did download and print the manual off from DJI.com-I DID read it. It just doesn't seem to link, but I get all the indications that it does link. Does anybody know of a group of Phantom fliers in SW Montana? I'd sure like to pick a brain or two.

sharlachris said:
I just received my new FC40. (http://www.woot.com) I'm new to Phantoms. I believe I've done everything correctly, including setting up the GPS (counterclockwise spinning-etc.) I get that it needs to warm up and such. The copter just blinks a green light every second and a half or so. The remote just beeps twice and I get a green light on the indicator on it-after the yellow and red lights do their thing. As if it links but incorrectly. The green light will flash one time every second or so, but when i move either joystick it will give me two quick green flashes. I've never even gotten a prop to spin yet. I've let the copter sit for 5-10 minutes blinking green to make sure it's warm. I do admit I'm pretty stoked to get flying, but I think I've done everything correctly. What am I doing wrong? Also, the camera won't link to my phone or iPad, I figure that's a problem for a different day-unless the camera is required for flight???
Comments, t
This is summer, unlikely to have IMU warmup yellow lights
I think you mean you calibrated the compass (not gps) , do you recall the light sequence? (yellow, green, blink green)
How are you trying to start engines?

I need to clairify your start sequence.
1) transmitter on only (what do you see and hear)
2) after the transmitters is on, plug in the phantom.
3) what are the phantom light sequences? List them all!

Be sure to turn on the transmitter (control) before powering up the Phantom.

sharlachris said:

Have you tried pulling joysticks down and in towards center simultaniously?

We're at 50 degrees here today. I did get a flight in! I think I have a bum battery. I do have three extra batteries. Once I had the second one charged and in I was able to fly-no problem. Has anybody else heard of this? By the way, these are Super easy to fly. The controls are soo sweet. Thanks for the input, but I believe I'll be exchanging a battery (the original) soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20