I can't fly more than 500m away? +new video

Reaction score
I took my phantom 3 standard out on the weekend, but could only fly 500m away before I got an alert saying maximum distance reached? Is there a way around this? I tried to enter a higher maximum distance but the app wouldn't let me. I've seen loads of people fly over 500m away!

Anyway, here's a new video (I wanted to fly further)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Simzy666
I took my phantom 3 standard out on the weekend, but could only fly 500m away before I got an alert saying maximum distance reached? Is there a way around this? I tried to enter a higher maximum distance but the app wouldn't let me.
You have the Max Distance limit enabled.
Switch that off and you can fly - but you have to have the Phantom connected when you change the setting.

Reactions: desert phantom
Phantomluke... You are not stupid... I would classify your attitude as "excited". We have all been there! I would strongly suggest you read thru and understand all of the manual and screens on your phone/tablet soon. You will find yourself in an awkward position while flying and you will need to know how to respond immediately. Hindsite is a beautiful thing But not very helpful in the moment! Have fun.. Fly safe!

Reactions: Phantomluke
Phantomluke... You are not stupid... I would classify your attitude as "excited". We have all been there! I would strongly suggest you read thru and understand all of the manual and screens on your phone/tablet soon. You will find yourself in an awkward position while flying and you will need to know how to respond immediately. Hindsite is a beautiful thing But not very helpful in the moment! Have fun.. Fly safe!
Thanks!! Yeah I am excited to fly! Can't get enough! I'm still under an hour of flying time so I have a lot to learn

the learning part is fun... as long as we can keep it inexpensive! Both physically and monetarily! $$$$

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.