I can't figure out who's got the problem, pilots or DJI

I don't get it why people are putting themselves in camps and honestly I'm starting to think it's just trolling.

I can't believe the ones that say they have zero issues really have never had a single issue, not even app crash or off gimbal at times? Don't buy it.

And for those that have some issues.. Like myself, I still love my p3, it's a great machine. But it's not perfect. Just now I went out with brand new 1ft USB cable and the app kept losing signal at 60ft away. AND the gimbal was off.. Again. So what should I do? Contact Dji about replacement or wait for the next update?

60' ? If that is truly the range you are getting, yes ease contact support.

How do you have the antennas pointed? Can you post a picture?

They were pointing up and slightly away. At that moment the quad was over me.

I think it's the USB or app. I get these disconnects all the time. I've went through so many USB cables though.. It loses connection then regains it right away.

and heres a fresh horizon pic too

Attachments

• DJI_0174.JPG
    DJI_0174.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 305
They were pointing up and slightly away. At that moment the quad was over me.

I think it's the USB or app. I get these disconnects all the time. I've went through so many USB cables though.. It loses connection then regains it right away.

Is it a grey disconnect or a complete communication break?

Is it a grey disconnect or a complete communication break?
I used to receive gray picture disconnected prompt.

Lately I've been getting "no signal" with great picture. The quad still resounds.. But there's no picture.

and heres a fresh horizon pic too

You need to do a solid IMU calibration when the craft is cool and perform a compass calibration away from all metal. Including things like wedding ring or watches.

Regarding the horizon issue.. NOTHING I tried to fix this helped. It's just frustrating I want my quad to at least let me fix it if it's off but it insists on this angle no matter what I do.

You need to do a solid IMU calibration when the craft is cool and perform a compass calibration away from all metal. Including things like wedding ring or watches.
Blade, I even tilted the quad in calibration so its "center" will be off in the other direction and it didn't work.

I've imu'd on a flat leveled surface with a cold phantom. It was good for a moment, then went back to this angle..

Please post your sensor mod values.

Blade, I even tilted the quad in calibration so its "center" will be off in the other direction and it didn't work.

I've imu'd on a flat leveled surface with a cold phantom. It was good for a moment, then went back to this angle..

Tilting during an IMU calibration is not the correct thing to do.

yesterday fine.. what changed?

If it comes and goes its a known issue man.. This has been posted numerous times. With a valid imu and compas cal you should have pretty straight horizon. It should only drift under certain conditions.

If you're not happy retun the craft. You are bouncing all over the place and its almost impossible to provide you will any type of help.

It's straight maybe 2/10 times. Other times it slanted top right to bottom left.

And any idea how to fix the connectivity issue?

Here you go.
Compass way too high.. You need to calibrate it at a different location and with no metal object on your person.

It's straight maybe 2/10 times. Other times it slanted top right to bottom left.

And any idea how to fix the connectivity issue?

Position your antennas correctly as per manaul. If your flying directly above you the need to be horizontal.

Compass way too high.. You need to calibrate it at a different location and with no metal object on your person.
I usually get high readings. The screenshot is from inside the house. Do the compass numbers change drastically when inside the house or do they stay put based on the last calibration?

I usually get high readings. The screenshot is from inside the house. Do the compass numbers change drastically when inside the house or do they stay put based on the last calibration?

Mines mid 1500's inside and out. But I do live in a wood constructed house, not in a building. I would get it out in a field and make sure you're not wearing any metal and do a clean compass calibration. Remember that the gimbal relies heavily on the compass

Last edited:
Mines mid 1500's inside and out. But I do love in a wood constructed house, not in a building. I would get it out in a field and make sure you're not wearing any metal and do a clean compass calibration. Remember that the gimbal relies heavily on the compass
Please correct me if I am off, but shouldn't we be looking for:
Gyroscope Mod around 0.00
Acceleration Mod around 1.00
Compass Mod 1400-1600

Please correct me if I am off, but shouldn't we be looking for:
Gyroscope Mod around 0.00
Acceleration Mod around 1.00
Compass Mod 1400-1600
Yes Sir..

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online