I can't believe this new update and what happened to my P3P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone joined the forum THE OTHER DAY. That makes your opinion or experiences more valid?

Speak for youself budy.... Obviosuly none of this newbies were here when the P2/Vsions/+ weere the talk of the day... When 9 out of 10 threads were about a fly away or a crash.... And they think this is bad... Give me a break!!!

Steve you're really offering no value here. Be happy with your toy and support those who need help. We're all in this together.

Aside from the poor choice of words I think what the OP was getting at is if you spend a lot of time reading the forum prior to getting your P3 you could easily come to the conclusion that the P3 is chock full of problems, which is surly not the case. Many of the reported issues are from totally new owners that either failed to read and learn because of an excited rush to get in the air, or a case of lazy expectation that the bird was RTF without any preparation. The statement that "not all pP3's act alike" is in my opinion incorrect, all P3's do act alike, same equipment, same firmware, same option and sensors, what is NOT alike are the pilots, some are meticulous in their UAV education and prep, with a checklist and regular pre-flights, and some are not. those who are not tend to have more issues. This fact is proven over and over by dozens of questions that are clearly answered in the manual, so if your are asking it is apparent you did not read it for one reason or another. The OP was just surprised that after reading all of the doom and gloom his P3 acted as he expected with no drama. Heck, I even check my motor screws after every 10 flights as part of my maintenance schedule.
^^^^This is what my brain meant to type.

To me your post was kinna like..I'VE NEVER BEEN IN A WRECK. EVERYONE THAT HAS MUST JUST BE STUPID. That's the way it sounded to me. I have 3 Phantoms. No problems so far but I'll not come on this forum and suggest those that have had problems are idiots.
suggestion
type your thoughts
read it a few times to see it it actually conveys your thought
proof read

We arent talking about P2 issues, or P2s at all. Do you have a point? Or are you trying to qualify your peanut gallery whining about success with your own P2 failures?

I actually have had a crash with my Phantom 2 Vision + (No gimbal or Cam on at the time). I was ignorant when I first bought it used off Craigslist, I had a P1 prior but my crash was my fault. I flew it indoors the day before at my office to appease a fellow coworker who had to see it fly indoors. A calendar on the wall caught some of the prop wash and extended into one of the props, the P2 fell maybe 3 ft and nothing happened, maybe a minor bent prop.

The next day, I took it out with fresh props, when I took off, i hovered for a sec, and went up... And then it continued up... and up... No response from my RC, so I held down cause I didn't know what else to do, after 3 seconds, the motors shut off, maybe 200 feet up. It then came tumbling down, I then performed a CSC, it turned on about 100 feet from the ground and flipped up right, I gave it full power and it began to slow but still slammed into the pavement smashing the landing gear only (thank god).

I later read it was my fault for not doing a hard reset of the firmware after the minor office crash. I think that crash made it go out of whack the next day. I did research on this forum before saying "My P2V+ just flew away from me!" No... It was my fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20