I can't believe it

Reaction score
So I have flown drones for a few years (always low end) and saw the phantom when the p1 came out I saved and saved and worked hard in the summer rather than doing fun stuff, finally this past June I bought a p1, it was great. I soon out grew it and sold it and I was able to buy a v2+ i have had it since Monday and I loved it yet just minutes ago I was flying in my yard and it had 14 gps I was at maybe 15 feet when it went nuts for 3 minutes it flew around out of control I tried to stop it every way I knew. Nothing worked it finally leveled out I tried to regain control nothing happened then after about a minute of hover ( with my family closely watching) it slammed into the ground.
It was obliterated every thing that could break did (props and guards, prop arms x3, camera, gimbal, landing gear and camera lens) any idea of what did this?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439763646.565202.jpg

Hard to say. Do you have any video of the behavior and crash, either recorded by the P2V+ or (better still) of the flight screen? Did you buy it new or used? Maybe you didn't have the right switch in the up position? Had you calibrated the compass and run the advanced calibration before flying this week?

Hard to say. Do you have any video of the behavior and crash, either recorded by the P2V+ or (better still) of the flight screen? Did you buy it new or used? Maybe you didn't have the right switch in the up position? Had you calibrated the compass and run the advanced calibration before flying this week?
Yes all calibrations were done last week, the switches were up. I bought it used from BH photo and they have great customer service so I am going to see what they say, I will most likely sell the parts and get a p3s. As far as video I was not recording any but when I realized I had not control I took 2 screenshots and one is seconds before impact (seen above) and one was at the beginning, funny thing is I have always flown straight up only never sideways, and the fastest I have seen on decent was 4.3 but as you will see in the shots it was going crazy fast.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439769776.639521.jpg

I don't know what part of country you were flying but the Magnetology app and the UAVFORECAST site had a high kp index today. My app said 5 (weak geomagnetic storm). I don't fly unless lower than 4.

I don't know what part of country you were flying but the Magnetology app and the UAVFORECAST site had a high kp index today. My app said 5 (weak geomagnetic storm). I don't fly unless lower than 4.
I guess it's possible that happened, I was flying after sunset though

Sorry for your loss. There are many things that could have happened. At this point we would only be guessing.

I guess it's possible that happened, I was flying after sunset though
The fact that you were flying after sunset makes it more likely the high Kp index was the cause - the ionospheric bubbles which cause GPS reception issues are at their worst in the 4-5 hours after sunset during geomagnetic storms.

UAV Weather Forecast FAQ

Yes all calibrations were done last week, the switches were up. I bought it used from BH photo and they have great customer service so I am going to see what they say, I will most likely sell the parts and get a p3s. As far as video I was not recording any but when I realized I had not control I took 2 screenshots and one is seconds before impact (seen above) and one was at the beginning, funny thing is I have always flown straight up only never sideways, and the fastest I have seen on decent was 4.3 but as you will see in the shots it was going crazy fast. View attachment 27674
Newtodji, I can understand how disappointing your experience must be, having worked so hard to buy your drone. I sympathize with you and I hope something can be done to compensate you.

This is why I NEVER buy anything "refurbished." I believe a refurbished product is one which a defective component has been replaced with no consideration given to the cause of the defect, which is likely to repeat itself. Buying anything used is a gamble.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik