I can read instructions ... but why???

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an ongoing thread about my P2V only being able to connect to the Naza-M v2 assistant. I have tried all other versions of the assistant (p1, p2v, naza lite). I am therefore assuming my p2v has a naza-m v2 MC installed. All my firmware is up to date.

When I power up the p2v i get the power on self test green and amber flashes and start up tone followed by 3 red light flashes with 3 beeps (which apparently according to the p2v manual version 1.8 is "not stationary or sensor bias too big") . No searching for gps lights ... no matter how long I leave it in an open area. Also the compass config does not start or at least not indicated by the correct light sequence by flicking s1 as per the instructions. I have run the IMU calibration 3 times and RC calibration succesfully .... it's made no change to the status of my p2v. To summarise ... it power on self tests, and then issues 3 red flashes and 3 beeps. then no more lights. The motors will power up and then the red lights stay lit for the duration the motors are on.

Ive read the p2v manual version 1.8 from back to front ....... why aren't the lights indicating the p2v is searching for gps sats and why is flicking s1 not putting the p2v into compass config mode?

Your help is greatly required. I'm losing hair fast. I have yet to fly this thing and dare not until I know the compass and GPS are operating.

Thanks
Phil.

Last edited:
I wonder if your location is within the warning zone. Check the manual for Flight Zone restrictions near airports.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 434
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 475
Nope! Thanks anyway.

Hi Phil,
Is there any chance you can do a video of your start up procedure & post it here for us to see;)

Thanks for any advice given. I returned the P2V and despite the shop fitting a new gps and compass the p2v failed to seek for gps and would not enter compass Cali mode.

I was offered (with an additional massive apology) a factory warranty repaired P2V+V3 in mint condition at a price that would have been rude to refuse. Great service from Quadcopters.co.uk

I've had a huge smile on my face since.

Phil.

Glad you finally got it sorted out.

Happy hovering!
Thanks. I'm now just waiting for it to drop out of the sky for no apparent reason and screw the £350 camera and gimble! ;-)

Thanks. I'm now just waiting for it to drop out of the sky for no apparent reason and screw the £350 camera and gimble! ;-)

Nooooo it won't fall out the sky;)

Glad you got it sorted, vision + huh, nice one;)

Thanks man. Loving flying it but it's been shitty weather where I live in the UK. Itching to get out and film.

Phil.

Thanks man. Loving flying it but it's been shitty weather where I live in the UK. Itching to get out and film.

Phil.

Yep know what you mean about the weather here in the UK, I'm here as well. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl