I broke the ribbon cable for the remote

Reaction score
I broke my ribbon cable from the main board to the con board. I was hoping some one would be able to help me find a new or used one. I am going to try and attach pictures.
thanks for the help.

IMAG0223.jpg
IMAG0224.jpg
IMAG0225.jpg
IMAG0226.jpg

Where did you break the cable? looks fine to me?

It is suppose to come out of those white sockets.

I broke my ribbon cable from the main board to the con board. I was hoping some one would be able to help me find a new or used one. I am going to try and attach pictures.
thanks for the help.

really cant see whats broken?

Looks like it just got disconnected. U would need to flip the black tab on the connection up- then carefully insert the ribbon cable - then flip the black locking tab down .

For those in the know , I actually broke my ribbon cable connection(part with the harness and the black locking tab that's connected to the circuit board - on both ends. Is it safe to say the RC is now toast ? I'd imagine soldering each point/ needle would be a pain And if anybody knows of someone or someplace that can repair those connections please please please give a link. Thanks

Where did you break the cable? looks fine to me?

It is suppose to come out of those white sockets.
It is internally open on two wires I did not know that I was supposed to flip up the black lever. It came out fine but I bent it in half when I was trying to put it back in without lifting the lever.

As I had to connect and reconnect that same ribbon like 6 times (long story, terrible plastic molding process) I have to agree that looks fine, unless it's something we can't see?

I did not disconnect the ribbon from the main, but I do have a suggestion that would have helped me greatly on the first try (quick learner when it's a pain in the rear).
Don't screw the USB/HDMI IC board down, connect the fat ribbon (the one in question) to that board before the other two, this gives you room to maneuver. The space is so tight that you really have to thread a needle here, take your time! I cannot suggest any tools, using your fingers will give you the best feel, and you'll know when it does finally slide in, if you MUST due to fat fingers, or age or whatever, don't use pliers but tweezers, you lose a lot of the feeling and you can't do it all by sight.
Then connect the last two smaller ones. Again, I defer to others on the main board part but to my knowledge, and the other smaller cables even inside, they all just slide in, there's a line too so you know when you've got them all the way.
Hope this helps, hopefully it's not broken.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It is internally open on two wires I did not know that I was supposed to flip up the black lever. It came out fine but I bent it in half when I was trying to put it back in without lifting the lever.

Sorry, how do you know its internally open on 2 wires? that just maybe hows its designed.

Does any errors or problems occur when you put it back and turn the remote on?

You need to lift the black leaver up for all connectors to remove and reinsert and then push the black leaver down to lock it in place.

Where did you bend it in half? on the cable? bending it in half is fine, should still connect.

Reactions: Sim597
Never flipped anything, but ouch, sorry, maybe when u get the new one my idea will help

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorry, how do you know its internally open on 2 wires? that just maybe hows its designed.

Does any errors or problems occur when you put it back and turn the remote on?

You need to lift the black leaver up for all connectors to remove and reinsert and then push the black leaver down to lock it in place.

Where did you bend it in half? on the cable? bending it in half is fine, should still connect.
It only charges and will not communicate with remote. I have a new remote and used the ribbon cable and it worked. I need the new one so I can fix the one that had a broken ribbon cable

Sorry man, doesn't look like any spare parts for remote online. You could buy a remote from ebay or second hand. Or look for one that's damaged maybe?

The other option is to have the remote sent back to DJI and say its faulty and see if they fix it - this will probably be the best option.

Looks like it just got disconnected. U would need to flip the black tab on the connection up- then carefully insert the ribbon cable - then flip the black locking tab down .

For those in the know , I actually broke my ribbon cable connection(part with the harness and the black locking tab that's connected to the circuit board - on both ends. Is it safe to say the RC is now toast ? I'd imagine soldering each point/ needle would be a pain And if anybody knows of someone or someplace that can repair those connections please please please give a link. Thanks
FDR DRONE MODS FREDDDY DEL ROSARIO repaired a ribbon cable for someone see if he can help..goodluck

Last edited:
Same exact thing happened to me. I was trying to replace a bad battery in my gl300B controller that was 2 weeks old. (should have sent it back). I too forgot to open the black lock down bar and the cable pulled out. Once this happens it will not go back in, it just bends in half. There is a guy on ebay who sells a ribbon cable. I had to replace my controller, as I was unable to find a motherboard. here is a link. hope it helps.
DJI Phantom 3/4 controller ribbon cable P00627.01 Con to Main board | eBay

Reactions: Digdat0
Nice find. But he wants $15 including shipping. It's for sale on Amazon for $5 including shipping.
Amazon.com: AWM 20624 RIBBON FLEX CABLE 0.50 mm Pitch 18 Pin ZIF 50 mm: Computers & Accessories
Both are exactly the same but both are not original DJI. Longer and looks different but it should work.
Sorry to report they're not the same... ordered from the exact link you gave, close but not the same...amazon one is more narrow, less pins......thanks for trying tho! ordering up the ebay version after my p3 advanced controller broke in 2, looks like this is a common problem with the screws not seating into the tiny mounts they engineered it with...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.