I bricked my p3s with ftp range mod - let's fix it together

I don't think buying a new RC will help? As got spare RC and still can't pair it with the P3s as the drone is bricked as well. I have tried down grading my drone firmware with no success!
Unless someone had success with working RC and bricked P3s
Don't know if you have go through process connecting Uart to the P3s.

:(

A lot of people are asking which USB to serial converter. Probably most of them would work, but I recommend buying one that has 3.3volts. It doesn't matter if it's 5 or 6 pins, you only need RX, TX and GND (or RxD, TxD and GND).

I used one like this.

I've noticed that it's quite possible to make the backup partition unbootable as well, if you edit the wrong file. There's probably a solution for that as well, as long as you can still boot to u-boot. I'm interested in collecting a copy of the different firmware files for different controllers. I know there are at least two models (GL358wA and GL358wB). I have the GL358wA. I'm interested to get in touch with those of you that

1. Has a working controller that is not GL358wA and
2. Has modded it so that you have access with telnet.

I would like you to issue a few commands, creating a copy of your mtd-partitions and then send me the files, so that I could make up a more complete guide on how to repair the remote.

Still waiting for the return of my bird and its remote. I've sent them for investigation about the loss of signal to a local drone shop. I'll try to access the remote through serial way once they're back.
Did you get your RC and bird back from repair?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't think buying a new RC will help? As got spare RC and still can't pair it with the P3s as the drone is bricked as well. I have tried down grading my drone firmware with no success!
Unless someone had success with working RC and bricked P3s
Don't know if you have go through process connecting Uart to the P3s.

:(
because i still remembered, initially, my drone and rc will automatically disconnected after switch on for several minutes, the rc will turns red.

during my upload of file, I found that the rc is red, so this means drone is disconnected. once i tried uploading the second file, the system says upload fail. this means aircraft still virgin.

I'm going to unbrick my remote today since steps quite clear now, but what about a bird? When I first bricked it I didn't have success with updating firmware via SD card, my drone became constanly beeping and showing red led on the gimbal. I believe drone's wifi module affects the ability to flash. Moreover several users already reported inability to use drone when the bricked remote replaced with a untouched one.

I'm going to unbrick my remote today since steps quite clear now, but what about a bird? When I first bricked it I didn't have success with updating firmware via SD card, my drone became constanly beeping and showing red led on the gimbal. I believe drone's wifi module affects the ability to flash. Moreover several users already reported inability to use drone when the bricked remote replaced with a untouched one.

i have same problem with you, constant beeping while downgrade/upgrading fw.
my rc still normal.

Reactions: sparkymarky
Guys, finally, the win! I've recovered both remote and drone. I found proper TX RX GND pins on gimbal board. It's definitely harder to disassemble but it was worth it. Here are the pictures of pins you need to connect with your UART adapter.
phantom3-standard-teardown-00661.jpg IMG_2016-06-20 22:05:11.jpg IMG_2016-06-20 22:05:05.jpg
Other steps are completely the same as for remote controller, this steps you can read in the first post. Thanks everyone for this achievement!

Guys, finally, the win! I've recovered both remote and drone. I found proper TX RX GND pins on gimbal board. It's definitely harder to disassemble but it was worth it. Here are the pictures of pins you need to connect with your UART adapter.
View attachment 57657 View attachment 57658 View attachment 57659
Other steps are completely the same as for remote controller, this steps you can read in the first post. Thanks everyone for this achievement!

Well done, I am waiting for UART, can you give complete steps so I don't make mistake trying to recover.

nice job bro,
can you give full step, so i dont repeat mistake again,
still waiting for uart cable come.

hi there, please reply, after connecting usb ttl to remote board, how to mount to ftp file system? need help

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Congratulations! Great achievement. All the bricked drone & RC can fly again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20