I bricked my p3s with ftp range mod - let's fix it together

well, installing the driver gave me COM3 in device manager with the remote turned on and connected via USB.

Putty connects to it like a good'un but just sits there!!

tried 'Break' and return and bashing the keyboard...no response.

Feels like getting closer though!

I tried the RC Assistant software too but that doesn't seem any help...unless I am being daft and have missed something!

Hi,

I took a cursory look at the Phantom SDK. It allows you to run a simulator on the PC, the bird must be plugged in via USB. Messages from the Remote Controller are sent to the PC via UDP on port 5566.

I haven't tried connecting the remote directly to the PC (there is a driver for the aircraft though). To repair the startup files, the RC (and Aircraft if it was bricked too) would require that the filesystem be mounted up offline so that files could be modified back to working versions, or reflashed with a known good image.

Rob

all I can confirm is that the COM3 is allowing the pc to talk to the remote!

examining the properties of the COM3 device it has gathered a ton of info; states the maker, the fact that it is a 'remote' loads of stuff about power states and tons more that I don't know about!

There are also half a dozen entries that the PC doesn't understand...these are named with a long number, like a windows SID and show properties like <true>, <false> or single numbers....

I am at my limit for now...needs someone more familiar with messing with this kind of thing!!

at least this gives a 'way-in' via the usb port :)

That usb port will not help you. My pc gets also a com port but that is locked. I think that DJI has a tool to access it. We not. Only uart can help us. On friday i get my usb to ttl uart cable. I will try to fix it as my was also bricked. We need only tx rx and gnd ports on wifi modul, not d+ and d- that useless for us.

As anyone seen the hidden folder and files on the SD that inserted into the camera
The wifi.conf contain the following and there log files etc.

Any ideal?

##### Wifi configuration file ##########################################
## Empty lines and lines starting with # are ignored
# ap: SoftAP mode
# sta: Station mode
# p2p: Enable Wifi Direct Support for peer-to-peer connectibity
WIFI_MODE=ap
# GPIO pin to enable or disable WiFi
#WIFI_EN_GPIO=95

##### STA mode configuration ##########################################
# SSID
ESSID=amba_boss
# Passphrase. Leave empty at no security mode; please edit wpa_supplicant.conf when your AP cannot be detected
PASSWORD=1234567890
# Device Name for AMBA Discovery Protocol (optional)
STA_DEVICE_NAME=amba-1
# Do not detect SSID setting changes, use previous scanned results
STA_SKIP_SCAN=yes

##### Wifi Direct configuration ##########################################
# Find devices with correct name prefix and automatically connect at startup
P2P_AUTO_CONNECT=no
# Auto-connect with devices if the name prefix matches
P2P_CONNECT_PREFIX=amba
## Do not enable this optional field unless you are certain
# please provide a unique name amoung multiple devices to prevent confusion
#P2P_DEVICE_NAME=amba-1
# Set the default P2P GO Intent
#P2P_GO_INTENT=0
# Specify P2P operating channel
#P2P_OPER_CHANNEL=1
# Default mode for HT40 enable when operating as GO
#P2P_GO_HT40=0

##### SoftAP configuration ##########################################
# SSID (1 ~ 32 characters)
AP_SSID=amba_boss
# IP address
LOCAL_IP=192.168.42.1
# IP subnet mask
LOCAL_NETMASK=255.255.255.0
# IP pool starting address of DHCP server
DHCP_IP_START=192.168.42.2
# IP pool end address of DHCP server
DHCP_IP_END=192.168.42.6
# Wifi channel number, set 0 to use Auto Channel Selection
AP_CHANNEL=0
# Maximum number of stations allowed in station table
AP_MAXSTA=5
# If you say yes here, all WPA/WEP settings will be ignored
AP_PUBLIC=no
# WPA Passphrase (8 ~ 63 characters)
AP_PASSWD=1234567890

That usb port will not help you. My pc gets also a com port but that is locked. I think that DJI has a tool to access it. We not. Only uart can help us. On friday i get my usb to ttl uart cable. I will try to fix it as my was also bricked. We need only tx rx and gnd ports on wifi modul, not d+ and d- that useless for us.
I'm looking forward to hearing your report on that! Are you expecting that after tx/rx connection you'll get some kind of terminal?

Yes, i need to power up the rc while wifi module is connected to main board and ttl to the tx, rx and gnd port. With putty i can get terminal
Then we can copy the script from the range mod thread then via terminal we can delete rcS and create the file rcS again via terminal. Then we paste the script there, then save then chmod +x to make it executeable

Serial Console [OpenWrt Wiki]

I have read somewhere P2 Vision+ range extender is openwrt-based. I guess P3 would also based on the openwrt, though possibly heavily modified, so resources from openwrt may provide some clue in unbricking and making serial console on the P3S radio.

Any progress or has this thread been given up?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Still waiting for the return of my bird and its remote. I've sent them for investigation about the loss of signal to a local drone shop. I'll try to access the remote through serial way once they're back.

Do anyone know which parts are affected on bricked P3? As I could the parts off my crashed P3S as long it not same damage components,

As one considered sending their drone back to DJI for repair?

Sparkymarky when you modded the rc then you need to exchange the wifi module, that module, which has two 2.4ghz u.fl connector.
When you also modded the drone, then you need to change the the main board in gimbalplatte. But it is easier to repairnit with uart as both wifi module rc and drone has tx, rx and gnd connector. My uart cable will come this day hopefully.

Reactions: beshanoe
Sparkymarky when you modded the rc then you need to exchange the wifi module, that module, which has two 2.4ghz u.fl connector.
When you also modded the drone, then you need to change the the main board in gimbalplatte. But it is easier to repairnit with uart as both wifi module rc and drone has tx, rx and gnd connector. My uart cable will come this day hopefully.
Let me know if you successful

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31