I bought the phantom 4. what can i do to fly futher than .3 miles in town?

Reaction score
I bought the Phantom 4 and can only fly in town .3 miles. and my controller say lost signal. is there something i can do to increase this?

First thing to try would be to go a little higher if it didn't break any law's. Next thing are you trying to penetrate through large objects such as buildings? This will never work no matter what. Next thing try turning the transmission rate of your video down to 4mpps in the go app, and manually selecting a clean operation channel, if there are no clean channels perhaps look into how to do a 32 channel hack allowing you to select a higher operating channel which is free of interference from most standard inner city 2.4ghz devices. After you done ALL of these things. Your next option is to do an antenna mod on your RC. Try the other things and report back.

Did you change your video transmission rate to 4mbps, did you manually select a higher and most probably cleaner channel? This Is done by selecting the little logo that says "HD" on the DJI Go main flight screen, whilst connected to the phantom.

Last edited:
Where do I find the transmission rate

In HD you have to click "Custom" at the top abpve the channels.
Then scroll down.
Ive been flying on 6mb without any issues. Im on an iPad Mini 4
Once youve changed it, just go back up to the top and select auto again

Ok this is what I've got. Is something I can do to make the signal stronger?

Attachments

• 1464502457786.jpg
    1464502457786.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 602
I bought the Phantom 4 and can only fly in town .3 miles. and my controller say lost signal. is there something i can do to increase this?
The things that will make the most difference and should be checked first are to get out of town away from interference and make sure your antennas are properly orientated.

Reactions: Knight Flier
Ok this is what I've got. Is something I can do to make the signal stronger?
How are things with this setting? Next up would be the channel hack mod to use an even higher and more likely cleaner channel, after that comes hardware mods, let us know.

Ibmftw, can you please explain how can you hach the channel ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks, I installed the hack, now I can see the 32 channels...... But i cannot switch from auto to manual..... .?

You have to have your copter powered up and connected

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks, I installed the hack, now I can see the 32 channels...... But i cannot switch from auto to manual..... .?

You have to have your copter powered up and connected for it to switch and show the options.

You have to have your copter powered up and connected

I have it powered and connected. No way to switch from AUTO
Has this something to do with the fact that I'm in Italy maybe ?

I have it powered and connected. No way to switch from AUTO
Has this something to do with the fact that I'm in Italy maybe ?

Yes perhaps, change your device location to "US" in settings.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie