I bought the FPVLR Stage 2 antenna kit.

Reaction score
Easy installation and they seem to work fine. Tony (FPVLR owner) has been great but can't answer this question which I believe to be software related. I fly a never crashed PV2+ (LOVE this thing!)

I fly perfectly out to 2000 feet. I can't go beyond that. At Tony's suggestion, with the PT2 app plugged into the bird, I increased the maximum radius to 10,000 feet with a max altitude of 1500 feet. This made no difference.

My question is this: The DJI app on my Android device still lists 1642 feet as the maximum range. It is at this range on the graphic "Radar" (DJI's term) that the Quad wants to come home. Are the limits of this Radar on the phone app adjustable? If so, I can't figure out how. If not, what do I do now? Could the phone app actually limit range?
Thanks in advance! Robert

The Radar doesnt limit your range.

When it flies out, then stops, is it due to signal loss ? I spose not.

Sure does sound like your range limits cyllinder is causing it - I flew to my old 1400 ft limit and it just stopped. Openned up the limits, and it works fine.

I also run FPVLR stage 2, and get about 3600 feet out of it (1700 ft. before FPVLR).

Sorry - not much help here.

From the Ground Station section of the manual:
"To achieve the optimal video transmission quality, the aircraft is set to operate within a 500m radius area from Home point."

I also have read somewhere that technically you are always supposed to have your bird in view so this why they added this restriction.

GaryDZ said:
From the Ground Station section of the manual:
"To achieve the optimal video transmission quality, the aircraft is set to operate within a 500m radius area from Home point."

I also have read somewhere that technically you are always supposed to have your bird in view so this why they added this restriction.
More likely DJI doesn't want people flying out 1500m then returning the unit because the FPV didn't work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20