I am writing an article on drones

Reaction score
I am a writer for the magazine Carpe Nocturne(Carpe Nocturne :: Home), and for the upcoming issue we will be focusing on technology. Given the recent explosion of their popularity and lack of public knowledge, I volunteered to write an article on drones/UAV/UAS/other. I thought I would ask what you all thought I should be sure to mention. I won't have more than about 1000 words, which is roughly a page in a word processor, but I will do my best to represent us fairly and accurately. Any input is appreciated.

Reactions: Brad Pierce
the lack of a telephoto lens.
Absolutely, I will be emphasizing also its similarity to a large bee and how it won't be sneaking up outside your window.
Unsubstantiated general public paranoia and it being inflamed by the media.
Something about how thousands of them fly just fine and you only hear about the one that crashes a parade?

I was thinking more about how the public seems to think the purpose of drones is to spy on them.

I was thinking more about how the public seems to think the purpose of drones is to spy on them.
Exactly. Who do these people think they are? Why does everyone feel that they're so special that we would even give a **** about what they're doing? I find a sunrise infinitely more interesting than 99.8% of the population on this planet.

Reactions: snowghost
Will definitely be covering that with the lack of telephoto lens and how loud it is when it flies.
Exactly. Who do these people think they are? Why does everyone feel that they're so special that we would even give a **** about what they're doing? I find a sunrise infinitely more interesting than 99.8% of the population on this planet.
I may close with something like this. "In short, if you see a drone flying, remember: it's more afraid of you than you are of it."

On the digital version of your magazine, perhaps include a link to an artfully done video and some scenic stills taken from a perspective that ground-bound cameras can't enjoy.

After the article is published, could you come back and give us a link to it?

On the digital version of your magazine, perhaps include a link to an artfully done video and some scenic stills taken from a perspective that ground-bound cameras can't enjoy.

That's a good idea, I'm sure I could find something. I will definitely post a link to the finished article as soon as I have one available.

How most new technology brings potential good and evil - but can't and won't just go away. IMHO it's important not to mask or bias the bad side of things, just as it is important to notice how drones are already being used for positive things, like environment protection, productivity increase, economy, search and rescue, etc.

The article is written and submitted. I only had 1000 words so I did my best. Will post when it is published, who knows how long that'll be.

the lack of a telephoto lens.
Unsubstantiated general public paranoia and it being inflamed by the media.

How most new technology brings potential good and evil - but can't and won't just go away. IMHO it's important not to mask or bias the bad side of things, just as it is important to notice how drones are already being used for positive things, like environment protection, productivity increase, economy, search and rescue, etc.

Bet you all forgot about this thread. Here's the article.
dv.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31