I am trying to get my license for flying drones.

Reaction score
I live in Iowa and have called cats and Pci. Goes to a voicemail saying they will return my call in 24 hours and nobody calls back. How hard is it to get the license and how is the easiest way of going about getting it?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You can go online with PCI and fill out the call back form. They call back within 2 hrs. I've used it twice with positive results.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Are you wanting to register as a noncommercial flyer or get the FAA part 107 license?

You shouldn't be calling them if you have no idea anything about the test. Lookup Part 107 courses and study it. Plan to take a month of studying to be able to pass the test.

Reactions: Falcon900
Why would that matter?

I'm guessing they are listening to his voicemail and know he has no idea what he is talking about and it's not their job to call and guide them through a course on part 107. I was making sure my assumption was right before saying it.. lol

IMG_1485202668.884199.jpg

Here is the app I used to help me before taking the test. Make sure you know everything - including airspace and all the rules that are on the FAA study guide posted above.

Thanks nick but I'm actually trying to talk to them so I know 1. Where to find the information. 2. Where I am able to do the test. 3. How long before I can do the test etc. so to say they haven't returned my call because I don't know what I'm doing is irrelevant and makes you look like a know it all. Go be a smart Alec on someone else's thread.

1. All the information can be found here, and on FAA's website. 2. You obviously already know where to do the test because you knew to call cats or psi. Do a search on their page and it'll show you the locations that it's available. 3. You can take the test today, granted if you knew the material and felt you could get a passing score. You need to invest some more time utilizing your resources before even thinking about taking the test.

1. All the information can be found here, and on FAA's website. 2. You obviously already know where to do the test because you knew to call cats or psi. Do a search on their page and it'll show you the locations that it's available. 3. You can take the test today, granted if you knew the material and felt you could get a passing score. You need to invest some more time utilizing your resources before even thinking about taking the test.

Your advice may be good but if he wants to take the test now..so what. I don't care whether he studied or researched it at all as it's no one else's business either. . He only has two possible results. Pass or fail.

Wats cats & pci?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
They atre the folks who manage the faa pilot tests including for UAS.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj