I am really having a hard time with this P3P

Reaction score
A bit about this problem, I had a crash and sent the unit back to the dealer I purchased from in TO. He had it for 6plus months and could not get a new camera. I go it back and bought camera from DJI and it was here in 3 days. I installed it and it also had a broken landing arm that I replaced, I left the wires that were in the arm and just replaced plastic arm. I started it up and have a signal issue, I removed card and formatted it and installed new bin file from DJI and then upgraded remote, I know the remote upgraded right because of the tutorial. Now I have no signal or weak it reads, I have no camera image. Maybe I done something wrong but I'm not sure, any help would be appreciated. I'm getting really close to just sending it out but hate to get involved with so called dealers like I had. That was a nightmare.Thanks John

You might check the smaller grey ribbon cable for damage. Its the one that plugs into the Lightbridge module. My camera image was starting to cut out on me and this cable was the culprit. A new cable set is about $15-$20.

What firmware (AC and remote) and app versions are you running?
The newest one I put on the card. The comp I used is down at this time, I may have to re download on an older comp and try again if I can find a tutorial or something on how to reinstall.

If you can't get it working you might want to call Mike Holt in Northern California. He's great at repairs. He totally rebuilt my crashed P3P for $300 (body shell, landing gear, gimbal base, battery tray, camera cable, all 4 motors). I had it back 9 days after I shipped it to him. PM me for Ph# if interested.

Reactions: Numone
Ok guys, I just put that P3P on shelf to let my head clear. Started back reading posts all over her and then I looked at the P3P again. I relinked the remote with copter and voila ,camera came back on. Then I had to do a few updates and it's now back in the air. So many things that can possibly be wrong with these things after a crash. But I'm happy to say it's all good now. Don't know why I had to relink, maybe because I installed software all over again. A special thank-you to all that replied.This is why these forums are so important.Thanks again, John

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers