I am having a lot of fun flying! Are you?

Reaction score
There are many real concerns on this forum now....
ESC/motor mismatch, thin wires, flyaways, crashes, glitchy software, etc

While not making light of any of these topics, I just wanted to share that I am having a blast flying and doing aerial photography, honing my flying skills, and planning for the future. I think about what I want to try and learn and practice whenever I can. Once again, I really enjoy this hobby and cannot wait to see what the future holds.

My mods are pretty simple for my Phantom 2 vision plus V2:
Two types of gimbal protection
A front headlight
A replaced GPS antenna
The famous copper GPS shield
The slow yaw remote control mod
The gimbal tilt lever on the RC back

I had the new motors in my possession ready to be installed... And decided to return them when Frank and DBS had their unfortunate incidents

I practice a lot, try not to take any chances, read and learn something about these things everyday.

It's not always been a bed of roses. I crashed due to VRS and dji fixed it and returned it after three months. Due to user error (overconfidence) I crashed and destroyed my gimbal. My fault, I bought a new camera/gimbal and another guard. That was a couple months and many flights ago. Since then, and with the few new mods, I've not had a serious mishap and have really been enjoying myself.

Lessons for me:
well, prop guards, leave them in the drawer (where mine are)
Practice practice practice
Listen to the good advice on this and other forums
Overconfidence can hurt

I just wanted to share that I think many of us are indeed enjoying our drones
Are you?

I own both a Phantom 1.0 and a Phantom 2 non vision. Never had a problem with either. Been flying the Phantom 1 for nearly 3 years, the 2 for 4 months.

Love flying.

Heck yeah! Finally got a break in the weather down here and got a chance to take the phantom out. Did 2 batteries worth of good fast flying with hard vector changes and full-throttle climbs. Tons of fun! V3.0 here, by the way..

yeah I agree I wish I would have never sent mine back because I'd be out flying it today without a care in the world. Oh well I guess when I get my new one next week I'm just going to fly it business as usual and enjoy having it. Not going to read into all this stuff on here anymore unless I have a serious issue.

Yes, absolutely having a blast with my P2V+ V2! Did upgrade to the new compass, the new RC, and am flying the 9450 props, but otherwise a stock V2, and truly enjoying the experience.

Yes I am...just had three flight today taking video and stills of my house and property for my realtor. Have about 10 flights under my belt since Christmas and plan to switch over to NAZA this week and back to training flying that way next weekend. Bob

Sandman1962 said:
There are many real concerns on this forum now....
ESC/motor mismatch, thin wires, flyaways, crashes, glitchy software, etc

While not making light of any of these topics, I just wanted to share that I am having a blast flying and doing aerial photography, honing my flying skills, and planning for the future. I think about what I want to try and learn and practice whenever I can. Once again, I really enjoy this hobby and cannot wait to see what the future holds.

My mods are pretty simple for my Phantom 2 vision plus V2:
Two types of gimbal protection
A front headlight
A replaced GPS antenna
The famous copper GPS shield
The slow yaw remote control mod
The gimbal tilt lever on the RC back

I had the new motors in my possession ready to be installed... And decided to return them when Frank and DBS had their unfortunate incidents

I practice a lot, try not to take any chances, read and learn something about these things everyday.

It's not always been a bed of roses. I crashed due to VRS and dji fixed it and returned it after three months. Due to user error (overconfidence) I crashed and destroyed my gimbal. My fault, I bought a new camera/gimbal and another guard. That was a couple months and many flights ago. Since then, and with the few new mods, I've not had a serious mishap and have really been enjoying myself.

Lessons for me:
well, prop guards, leave them in the drawer (where mine are)
Practice practice practice
Listen to the good advice on this and other forums
Overconfidence can hurt

I just wanted to share that I think many of us are indeed enjoying our drones
Are you?

Mines flying just fine and I love it.

I haven't flown for a few weeks -- been too cold. Anything under 32 F is pretty unbearable.

It's been below zero here for the last week or two, but otherwise I've been flying, and mine's flying fine too. Today, in fact. Having a blast. It's a fun R/C toy. The photography aspect adds a tremendous amount to the R/C hobby.

I go into to the hobby because of the photo capabilities and the possibilities!! I has been a blast..... And from my prespective the flying has been an unexpected bonus...

Yup..

Lost my first V+ in the mountains after 8 months without a single issue. Replaced it the day I got back (just after xmas). Thankfully insurance paid out :) Took the new one out the day I got it on a 5 day road trip... got this;

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQJ7Jzti9zE[/youtube]

Just love my V+

Finally got some warm weather here lately so I have so far got in three flights with my p2v+ and LOVE IT

Mine already has the upgraded compass and plan on getting one for my p2v(non plus)

motobob said:
Yes I am...just had three flight today taking video and stills of my house and property for my realtor. Have about 10 flights under my belt since Christmas and plan to switch over to NASA this week and back to training flying that way next weekend. Bob

Once you switch you will never go back. Put it in ATTI mode and it's a whole new bird. Speeds up to 40 plus and handles like no other.

Love it! So much easier than my RC helicopters, cheaper and less tool time. I've got about 20 flights in since Christmas Day and I'm loving still. Buying more batteries and a three gang charger tomorrow!

It's good that this thread got started. Allot of the content is negative but I'm having a blast too!

To OP, totally support your post. I have P2 V+ V2, had many flights without any problems (touch wood!). Have not done any mods so far, but might do once I am totally confident about the capabilities of the craft and the pilot! I generally get 8-12 satellites so don't feel any pressure to make mods yet.

I love ATTI mode too!

Now I have the bug and am building an F450, just for fun! I think I will experiment modding this one before the PV2

LordEvil said:
motobob said:
Yes I am...just had three flight today taking video and stills of my house and property for my realtor. Have about 10 flights under my belt since Christmas and plan to switch over to NASA this week and back to training flying that way next weekend. Bob

Once you switch you will never go back. Put it in ATTI mode and it's a whole new bird. Speeds up to 40 plus and handles like no other.

I agree with you fully about the atti mode it's fun (I have hit 45+ mph before)

I've had my V+ V3 for 3 weeks now. I've only been able to fly it once due to weather. Such a tease just looking at it sitting there, I think tomorrow I'm going to take her for a quick flight, it's supposed to be sunny and -10C with no wind... I'm confident it will fly just fine.

I did crack open the case and noticed the ESCs have no version # on them though...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl