I almost killed someone with a drone!! (article)

Reaction score
http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/13/7205 ... th-a-drone

I came across this article and agree/disagree completely with what is said.

I find someone having an out of control moment, crashing and then suggesting "restrictions" affecting experienced flyers a bit odd. This person has only himself to blame on what happened....his lack of control of his radio controlled aircraft....be it a rc car, boat, airplane, helicopter or quad. There have been injuries and sometimes death by radio controlled devices from inception.

Obviously I don't like being kept from selling legally photos and video taken from my flying machines....there are much bigger issues to focus on....

I'm putting this article out there for the benefit of all of us to read and comment on if you like.

bald1eagle said:
http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/13/7205741/i-almost-killed-someone-with-a-drone

I came across this article and agree/disagree completely with what is said.

I find someone having an out of control moment, crashing and then suggesting "restrictions" affecting experienced flyers a bit odd. This person has only himself to blame on what happened....his lack of control of his radio controlled aircraft....be it a rc car, boat, airplane, helicopter or quad. There have been injuries and sometimes death by radio controlled devices from inception.

Obviously I don't like being kept from selling legally photos and video taken from my flying machines....there are much bigger issues to focus on....

I'm putting this article out there for the benefit of all of us to read and comment on if you like.

The way this article reads, we might as well regulate golf courses as you can easily get hit in the temple and die from a stray golf shot. The guy states he was flying on a windy day with no GPS lock, what an idiot to do that and an idiot to write an article about it. You can't fix stupid.

I only have one comment. He mentions the lights flashed red when he thinks he lost GPS. Anyone who knows anything about Phantoms knows the lights flash yellow when GPS is lost. I think the whole story is made up.

Riding a bicycle is dangerous for many reasons, least of which would be a rogue drone impact. Despite all the dangers of riding bicycles, it is still legal and requires no license or significantly onerous legislation.

The article's title should read "I want government regulation because I'm an idiot when left to my own devices, and I can't handle that responsibility".

isky172 said:
The article's title should read "I want government regulation because I'm an idiot when left to my own devices, and I can't handle that responsibility".

My thoughts exactly.. it's almost like this kind of thing happens like all the time.

If you dont known your skills and limitations,- an idiot is borne

Another idiot that took NO time to read the manuals fly a couple battery's now he is a experienced pilot.
Couple comments posted in that article are spot on . "The problem is not the aircraft the problem is pilot .
MORON !!

Click bait.

Just supporting their "cause" by promoting people to visit.

YAWN --- same old tired argument fueled by ignorance about a new technology.

We've seen this movie before. Anyone remember the flurry of news stories in the 90's about cell phones being a serious cause of brain cancer? Seems like billions of people would rather take the risk of getting a major tumor than give up their sexting needs, eh? :lol:

I can remember playing "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons" in the 80's with my buddies and hearing lots of anxious stories about kids being possessed by it's "cultish grip" on young minds. Nah, it was just a fun way to spend a Saturday night in the suburbs. Same thing about heavy metal music causing a rash of teen suicides. **** man, only thing I learned from my Van Halen records in those days was lots of cool ways of how to get drunk and get laid !! :lol:

We live in a fear-mongering world where rational thought is trumped by delusional paranoia --- just watch a few hours of Faux News for proof of that. :p

Reactions: bbfpv
ianwood said:
Riding a bicycle is dangerous for many reasons, least of which would be a rogue drone impact. Despite all the dangers of riding bicycles, it is still legal and requires no license or significantly onerous legislation.
I am absolutely certain that many, many more people are injured from bicycles in one day than all drone incidents added together.
The AMA parks are made for this kind of drone pilot.

Click bait - never heard that one, but +1

SteveMann said:
ianwood said:
I am absolutely certain that many, many more people are injured from bicycles in one day than all drone incidents added together.
The AMA parks are made for this kind of drone pilot.

Click bait - never heard that one, but +1

Wow... This guy epitomizes the attitude that many people in this country have acquired. "I almost hurt someone with my drone, these things should be illegal!!!"

If you're in possession of an RC aircraft and the realization suddenly dawns on you that there are certain safety concerns that must be appropriately dealt with, and you don't want to take the responsibility... Return it! Sell it on eBay! Give it to an actual adult!

DO NOT hike up your skirt and start caterwauling that the authorities aren't protecting the public appropriately because they allowed a spineless, mindless nitwit to purchase an item that could possibly, in the hands of said nitwit, hurt someone.

What a freakin' TOOL!!!

-slinger

I agree with the article completly. Not. Next he'll say his lights were flashing blue to show a lack of GPS..

PsychopathRC said:
I agree with the article completly. Not. Next he'll say his lights were flashing blue to show a lack of GPS..

When those lights start flashing purple... RUN!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj