Hydro Dipped Shells

**** - what would you charge to dip a remote?
I would send you just the remote shell, empty of all electronics and split in half.

Also, what would the turn sound time be?

Thanks!!

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1465846651.183145.jpg

Here is what they did for me. Very cool

Last edited:
Well I got my newly dipped shell from **** at Liqui-Shades late yesterday (2 day shipping) and I felt obligated to come back and post my results dealing with ****. And NO, I am not affiliated with them what so ever. I found them here just like the others above. Just glad I did :).
Let me first say that I already had a hydrodipped shell that I purchased a few months ago. Black on grey carbon fiber. When I saw them post here that they would do them for $135, which included the new shell, legs, and shipping, I had to order another. Understand that doing an online search, this process is not cheap. I did a lot of research and almost bought the kit to do it myself. Then I talked to someone that did and said the chemicals are really nasty and they would never do it again. Other companies charge in excess of $250 to do this for you. Crazy I know, but they do.
After getting my shell last night, I must say these guys are the real deal. The quality of the job is amazing! The clear coat is some of the best I have seen. No orange peel, dust specs, etc. and the depth is amazing. It looks WET!! I could not be more impressed. I've posted some pics below of it before I move my electronics over.
If you're on the fence about this, trust me, do it!
You will not be disappointed.
My new color?
Black n Gold Carbon Fiber!!
c7bcdc2ec1338defb49b6f76566a5d97.jpg

298d6207ef1872ab778dc0947be34313.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Well I got my newly dipped shell from **** at Liqui-Shades late yesterday (2 day shipping) and I felt obligated to come back and post my results dealing with ****. And NO, I am not affiliated with them what so ever. I found them here just like the others above. Just glad I did :).
Let me first say that I already had a hydrodipped shell that I purchased a few months ago. Black on grey carbon fiber. When I saw them post here that they would do them for $135, which included the new shell, legs, and shipping, I had to order another. Understand that doing an online search, this process is not cheap. I did a lot of research and almost bought the kit to do it myself then I talked to someone that did and said the chemicals are really nasty and they would never do it again. Other companies charge in excess of $250 to do this for you. Crazy I know, but they do.
After getting my shell last night I must say, these guys are the real deal. The quality of the job is amazing! The clear coat is some of the best I have seen. No orange peel, dust specs, etc. and the depth is amazing. It looks WET!! I could not be more impressed. I've posted some pics below of it before I move my electronics over.
If your on the fence about this, trust me, do it!
You will not be disappointed.
My new color?
Black n Gold Carbon Fiber!!
c7bcdc2ec1338defb49b6f76566a5d97.jpg

298d6207ef1872ab778dc0947be34313.jpg

I Got one just like it and it is super. You are absolutly right. They are the beast I have ever dealt with

Does it add any strength to the body
No, it's not going to add strength. But, I have leaned to use plast-aid in the shell under the motors. If you have the shell apart, might as well. That's what I did with my other and now I don't worry about cracks.

Last edited:
I Got one just like it and it is super. You are absolutly right. They are the beast I have ever dealt with
Love to see a pic of yours. It's kind of crazy. It feels like you get a new drone :)

Love to see a pic of yours. It's kind of crazy. It feels like you get a new drone :)

Duh....sorry, your pick is above. Sweet :)

Last edited:
Ted- yours is similar to what I have on my bird now, my first hydrodipped shell I got from another person in AR. I only wish my first one looked as good as this one from Liqui-Schades. The quality is not even close. This looks like a professional paint job on a custom hot rod. And I paid a lot more money for my first shell..... That's why I felt I needed/wanted to let everyone know what a great, professional job they did for me.

Last edited:
One of the reasons i had mine plasti dipped was for added strength and the color change
I know. I almost went with them but I wanted a more custom look. I do like your though, it is very unique :).
The plast-aid was very easy and it bonds to the shell like your entire paint job did.
For mine it's just under the motors though.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrcrane2u
**** - what would you charge to dip a remote?
I would send you just the remote shell, empty of all electronics and split in half.

Also, what would the turn sound time be?

Thanks!!
I can dip controller for $40.00 plus shipping I am about two weeks out at this point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic