Hydro Dipped Shells

Excellent job ****. I love the new shell.
Anyone wanting to get one of these or change the shell of your phantom for any reason, please order the center console (battery holder) for $3. Mine was defective and I had to order one and wait to fly.
IMG_1759.jpg
IMG_1757.jpg

Waiting for my shell. Should be here end of next week. And I did order the battery carriage. That came today. They break easy so I got one just in case. Yours look sharp. I will put mine up when I get it

How do you get the covers off the batteries ?
(end cap with button /leds in)

There are clips you have to release. I struggled to get my first one off, but once I did the other two were fairly easy. Look for a YouTube video that shows you how. That's what I did anyway.

Thanks, found a video eventually, looks like you need 4 pairs of hands and some small blunt very thin blades.

I wish he would of
Do you mean the USB cover? It pulls off the shell very easy and goes back in the shell very easy. I pulled mine off and used the black Plast-dip paint they have at Home Depot. Turned out great! I also used it on the cover, under the bird, that covers the sonar and cam.
Just letting you know it is easy to paint those pieces that can't be dipped for whatever reason.

63149e70e11b6f872eb62ce3cd22277a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Do you mean the USB cover? It pulls off the shell very easy and goes back in the shell very easy. I pulled mine off and used the black Plast-dip paint they have at Home Depot. Turned out great! I also used it on the cover, under the bird, that covers the sonar and cam.
Just letting you know it is easy to paint those pieces that can't be dipped for whatever reason.

63149e70e11b6f872eb62ce3cd22277a.jpg

How do you get the battery cover off

That looks really sharp post a pic of it upright
Thanks!
I bought the shell from someone a couple of months ago (yes hydro dipped). I am getting another one from **** here.
The props I just dyed. Very easy for anyone wanting to change their prop color to match.

Here is my current -

37ac35c4f7ec8785582378f9836c3da4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: HolyFlyer13
When i got kine dipped i got a new shell ,so i have the original shell sitting how hard isit to take apart

When i got kine dipped i got a new shell ,so i have the original shell sitting how hard isit to take apart
If you good with things like that, or confident you can, then you will be fine. For me it was not difficult, it just takes patience. For the first time I took lots of pics in case I needed them. I didn't end up needing them though.

Ok got the cover off battery's what did you to get the clear plastic parts out like the on off buttonsand the other ones they look like there glued

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj