Hurricane Erika - Florida's best chance at a hurricane in some time

Reaction score
At present time, Erika is on track to make landfall in SouthEast Florida on Monday.

ALWAYS the possibility it will turn away. There is time.

Still, if it doesn't turn away soon, Florida will potentially still get some pretty nasty weather from it.

Looks like I better get in some flying asap.

Reactions: dirkclod
What about some awesome 'in-the-eye' footage!?!

Current track has a North Broward landfall.

What about some awesome 'in-the-eye' footage!?!

Current track has a North Broward landfall.

Great! I'm all set for the first "eye of the hurricane" Phantom footage :eek:
Just got back from stocking up on generator supplies, water and emergency food.
I'm one of those who likes to be "prepared"

If it veers away.....

A). Can easily use the fuel in my cars
B). Water can be used
C). Emergency rations can be eaten any time.

But if it continues this way, the stores will get crazy by Friday.

Make sure you charge them battery's :D
I hope it turns away for ya ;)

The forecast 5 days out is very iffy. A lot of mountains on the islands, dry air and wind shear to contend with. However, if it makes it past those, there is a buttload (that's a meteorological term) of very warm water it will be over on its way to the coast. Haven't seen anything predicted over a minimal Cat1. Hope it stays that way.

Yea,

It's been my observation that when you're in the 'cone of death' early on, 5 days or so, it's a good thing as the forecast always changes one way or the other.

Let's hope the same for the Carolina's too.

Did someone say cone of death? They're all over the place with this one. May not make it past the DR without getting downgraded.

I wonder how many millions was spent on satellite reports, reconnaissance flights and all the man hours at generous pay rates...for just this one storm....

to tell us..... they have no idea.....o_O

Been flying all week in support of a documentary about deforestation in Haiti. Came back to Port a Prince this evening, right before Ericka passed over. We got some heavy rain, gusty winds and a bit of thunder and lightning. It seems like the terrain in DR took a lot of energy out of this one. It may totally fall apart tomorrow over Cuba...

That don't look good porky it might be a wet trip [emoji571]

Been flying all week in support of a documentary about deforestation in Haiti..........
Reminded me of the pics that show the difference between it and its neighbor, the Dominican Republic.

haitidominicanboarder1.jpg

148770398.jpg

And they say it's already moving into the DR. That's about all I know about it.

That don't look good porky it might be a wet trip
emoji571.png

We go the same time every year, touch image.jpg we've been lucky;) but you never know:eek:

Last year we missed a hurricane by a couple of days, we left the island on a Saturday & one hit the island the following tuesday, one person killed:eek::( very sad.

Reminded me of the pics that show the difference between it and its neighbor, the Dominican Republic.

haitidominicanboarder1.jpg

148770398.jpg

And they say it's already moving into the DR. That's about all I know about it.

Poor ol Haiti, I remember when that happened, gutted..:(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4