Huntington Beach flying over surf

Reaction score
I am a new member to this forum. I have been flying the ph2 with gopro for about a month. I have logged 34 flights with over 10 hours of flight time. I flew the surf line at 15th and PCH this morning and it was cool. Does anyone know of any restrictions for flying the surf area? I have good control of the craft and have developed good long range in view navigation techniques using the OSD. Can't find any restrictions on line. Any info would be appreciated.

I fly at the cliffs off of Goldenwest & PCH. So far, the response has been positive. People often stop and talk. I also fly at the Seal Beach jetty. Haven't been hassled...yet. :D

mckquad said:
Does anyone know of any restrictions for flying the surf area? I have good control of the craft and have developed good long range in view navigation techniques using the OSD. Can't find any restrictions on line. Any info would be appreciated.

That's kind of the problem. In the US, there are no clear restrictions to flying anywhere (except in National Parks, around "sensitive" locations - ie military installations and powerplants, and any place set up under local regulations). Even most of DJI's "no fly zones" aren't really official no fly zones... they're more DJI's recommendations or where you don't fly (near airports, etc) in anticipation of regulations that may or may not ever come down.

In general, though, common sense says that you don't fly near or over a lot of people, and stay out of the potential flight paths of larger craft, as well as private property (again, not necessarily a restriction as much as a courtesy). You're kinda sorta supposed to stay below 400', but, again, technically, it's not illegal (in the US)... just against FAA guidelines.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20