Hundreds of Flights First Crash Help P3 Pro

Reaction score
Guys I have made hundreds of flights with my P3 Pro and never had an issue. I had flown on christmas but did not do the latest updated that was pushed on 12/22 until last week. I flew that morning after the update and everything was fine. Next flight that afternoon I flew for 10+ minutes and had 45% battery left on my descent to end my flight i was maybe 100 feet altitude and all the sudden it starts going crazy jerking in all four directions like it was unstable coming down. I tried everything hitting the sticks back up, left, right...etc and it would not stop coming down jerking in all four directions like it was very choppy. So I immediately start running for it to try to catch it and it lands on the top of it flipped upside down and I grab the leg and then it is still stuck in full throttle trying to take off props spinning as fast they could. I was doing everything I could to try to hold the phantom from flying off again. I was not holding teh controller I had set it on the ground so nothing was telling it to try to take off again. I ended up having my son come over and try to push the sticks to shut it off and it would not respond to that. I then tried to reach up with one hand as the props are spinning full speed to try to shut the battery off and it would not respond to that. I ended up having to pull the battery while risking getting cut with the props, it was stuck in full throttle up at this point.

I have never had a crash or any types of issues, I know there are other thread on here but where in the world do I try to begin on what type of issue this was and what I can do to resolve it?

Thanks so much!

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
Scary. And amazingly lucky. Maybe posting controller flight log will be a first step towards understanding what happened.
Thanks do you know how to easily get this and get it readable for you'll?

Yikes just picturing that in my mind is scary enough, couldn't imagine how you must of felt. Take neven's advice as to your flight log. Have you tried HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters where you can have a look at exactly what went on with your flight - I am not all that familiar with it but know from posts on here that seems to be a logical first step.

Will be very interesting to see what comes out of this as to cause and effect (well I guess we already know the effect). Good - fast thinking as to running out to grab it - lucky for sure you don't have scars to prove it!

Guys I have made hundreds of flights with my P3 Pro and never had an issue. I had flown on christmas but did not do the latest updated that was pushed on 12/22 until last week. I flew that morning after the update and everything was fine. Next flight that afternoon I flew for 10+ minutes and had 45% battery left on my descent to end my flight i was maybe 100 feet altitude and all the sudden it starts going crazy jerking in all four directions like it was unstable coming down. I tried everything hitting the sticks back up, left, right...etc and it would not stop coming down jerking in all four directions like it was very choppy. So I immediately start running for it to try to catch it and it lands on the top of it flipped upside down and I grab the leg and then it is still stuck in full throttle trying to take off props spinning as fast they could. I was doing everything I could to try to hold the phantom from flying off again. I was not holding teh controller I had set it on the ground so nothing was telling it to try to take off again. I ended up having my son come over and try to push the sticks to shut it off and it would not respond to that. I then tried to reach up with one hand as the props are spinning full speed to try to shut the battery off and it would not respond to that. I ended up having to pull the battery while risking getting cut with the props, it was stuck in full throttle up at this point.

I have never had a crash or any types of issues, I know there are other thread on here but where in the world do I try to begin on what type of issue this was and what I can do to resolve it?

Thanks so much!
I'm having trouble after update 1/25/16 Never had any problems until after update. No signal from RC and warming up notice doesn't go away and I haven't flown it yet. Anybody have solution?
iOS (iPad) and yes the DJI Go App

and all the sudden it starts going crazy jerking in all four directions like it was unstable coming down. I tried everything hitting the sticks back up, left, right...etc and it would not stop coming down jerking in all four directions like it was very choppy
This also happend to me just after updating evrything. But most of the flight was ok, just when I was taking it down for landing ca 10 mtr from ground it just got mad. I must try this Healthy drones system.

Deleted post. Had wrong info and don't want to leave it up so other don't read it without reading the whole string.

Last edited:
First thing I see is your running 2.5.1 firmware. That version has known battery issues and it is recommended you either roll back to 2.4 or upgrade to 2.6. But 2.5 is KNOWN TO BE DEFECTIVE.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What are you talking about?

Deleted. I had a brain fart and posted incorrect info. Deleting to get rid of bad info.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on that, that was the latest version when I downloaded from DJI's website.

What do you mean? If you do a search on 2.5 firmware and battery issues there are numerous posts on the topic. 2.5 misreads battery voltage and can cause the battery to basically shut down prematurely.

Is this something that DJI would potentially help repair then?

What do you mean? If you do a search on 2.5 firmware and battery issues there are numerous posts on the topic. 2.5 misreads battery voltage and can cause the battery to basically shut down prematurely.

You confused FW and app version

Here is the flight replayed from the DJI GO app and you can see my controls. Obviously I started panicking and I was actually pushing down on both sticks just trying to get it under control. You can see the drone start going circles at the end but what is crazy is the altitude kept dropping even after you see the motor obstruction warning that is when it hit the ground. I know I shouldn't push 100% down on landing but ya know.

They have in the past as you will find many posts on the topic if you search. and I would certainly try. My guess is that at some point in the future they are probably going to say "hey, your not on the latest firmware, not our problem".

Doh, your right. Please check your FW version.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20