HUGE problem with DJI

Reaction score
I was an unfortunate flier to experience a flyaway, and a total loss, the Phantom 2 vision plus was never found. I submitted the proper paperwork to DJI and was asked to send back the controller with the range extender. DJI offered me a discount of a Phantom 2 version 3, I accepted their offer, A few days later they emailed and said that it was no longer available. After emailing back and forth, they offered me a Phantom 3 for $900, a whopping $100 off. Thanks alot DJI, but I accepted as I had little choice. Now I see that folks are getting their Phantom 3s but DJI cannot tell me when they will get stock. Whoa....I thought I was dealing with DJI, but they tell me they are the DJI repair facility and won't know when I can get my bird. So I asked for my remote controller back, as I can sell that and buy a $999 Phantom, and probably come out the same or better, AND get the unit in a few days rather than "who knows?" They have not answered this request, they did take my Paypal money, but cannot give me a ship date or answer my request for my money back and my controller. What should I do?

If you paid by credit card, Call the Credit Card Company. If you paid with your Bank using Paypal, Start a Case with Paypal..

I was an unfortunate flier to experience a flyaway, and a total loss, the Phantom 2 vision plus was never found. I submitted the proper paperwork to DJI and was asked to send back the controller with the range extender. DJI offered me a discount of a Phantom 2 version 3, I accepted their offer, A few days later they emailed and said that it was no longer available. After emailing back and forth, they offered me a Phantom 3 for $900, a whopping $100 off. Thanks alot DJI, but I accepted as I had little choice. Now I see that folks are getting their Phantom 3s but DJI cannot tell me when they will get stock. Whoa....I thought I was dealing with DJI, but they tell me they are the DJI repair facility and won't know when I can get my bird. So I asked for my remote controller back, as I can sell that and buy a $999 Phantom, and probably come out the same or better, AND get the unit in a few days rather than "who knows?" They have not answered this request, they did take my Paypal money, but cannot give me a ship date or answer my request for my money back and my controller. What should I do?

This is incredibly shady! Why would they ask you to send in the controller and Wi-Fi extender that you own?? It would in no way help to determine the cause of the fly away that I can think of. Then, offer a discount on what I’d be willing to bet is going to be a used or refurbished P3. Hence, the reason why they won’t ship you the P3 you paid for (need to get a few returns in first) after stealing your TX and Wi-Fi extender!!

I’d file a claim with PayPal and start making calls to as many higher ups as possible!! Go to the Chinese embassy if you have to!! Tung in cheek of course…..But seriously though, This deal makes NO sense to me.

I had V+V3 drop out of the sky. Sent them 2 separate data logged files, and more. After 6 weeks of hearing many others send their quads after me and get them back, I put in a call and then get a call from someone saying he was the manager there in L.A. He calls and says can not honor my warranty claim but offers to sell a refurbished unit at a discount. He said if I pay that day he would ship it out that same day. I asked to send my old one back, he agreed, then so did I and I sent the payment. It was 3 weeks before I received it, plus I had to mention going to court before they sent my old quad back. I open a box with NO packing, and my camera and gimbal was missing. I waited some 6 weeks and asked for my camera and gimbal to sent to me. They sent it. Very dishonest people.

Reactions: AmosMoses
I had V+V3 drop out of the sky. Sent them 2 separate data logged files, and more. After 6 weeks of hearing many others send their quads after me and get them back, I put in a call and then get a call from someone saying he was the manager there in L.A. He calls and says can not honor my warranty claim but offers to sell a refurbished unit at a discount. He said if I pay that day he would ship it out that same day. I asked to send my old one back, he agreed, then so did I and I sent the payment. It was 3 weeks before I received it, plus I had to mention going to court before they sent my old quad back. I open a box with NO packing, and my camera and gimbal was missing. I waited some 6 weeks and asked for my camera and gimbal to sent to me. They sent it. Very dishonest people.

Yeaahhh.... thanks for sharing, it's good to know this. It's difficult because there isn't anything equivalent or better for the money right now. If and when another company steps up with a truly competitive product AND great service, DJI will be forced to make some serious changes or find themselves dropping out of the market quick. 3DR is so darn close, but not quite there IMO. Solo sales should help, and maybe their next product will offer enough comparisons or worthy tradeoffs to be equal or better than the Phantom. That combined with their service level will really make it a no brainer.

Oh this just put a damper on my day!

I'm in the EXACT same situation with my P2V+V3.....As far as it falling from the sky and sending it in that is. Still haven't heard anything from DJI of course since it's only been a couple weeks.

They try to pull any of this dishonest crap on me I'll take a road trip to LA!!

Did they give you a reason for denying your claim or just say go scratch??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic